• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0L H.O.

xjmox1

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 91 4.0H.O. engine. It needs rebuilt. Everything is standard. It ran great when pulled, but had piston noise. The cylender's look perfect, but like I said, it needs rebuilt. The block is a 405 casting, and the head has less than 2000 miles on it. It is an ATK head, casting number 7120. I would have the head freshend up. This is a complete long block that could also be a perfect 4.6L stroker project. All you would need is a 4.2L crank, and rods.

Here is a list of what is included for the rebuild. It comes with a new in the box Cloyes timing chain, a set of new .030 over Silv-O-Lite pistons, and Hasting rings, brand new head bolts (from headbolts.com), a complete felpro gasket set, a new meling oil pump, a Comp Cams computer friendly cam #68-232-4 (new in the box), 12 mopar P5249464 valve springs, 12 mopar P4452032 retainers, and new 8mm locks.

I dont want to sell parts seperate. I will let all this stuff go for $400 together. I will throw in a set of rebuilt fuel injectors, and an intake manifold. The fuel injectors have not been used.

Not included in the above sale, but for sale as well are: a nearly new AFE Pro Dry intake system. Not on ebay yet. I have a set of upper and lower Rubicon Express SF control arms that have never been installed (on ebay now), and a Crown SYE kit new in the box (also on ebay). Make me an offer for all of it, as long as the ebay stuff is still avail. I would like to sell all of it as a package deal.

I am in Kingman, but have this engine priced to make it worth your drive, considering the parts included. Make me an offer on the rest of it, if you are interested.

Last edited:
I know somone with a 4.2L crank that's just been resurfaced.. If anyone is looking to build a stroker..

too bad you dont want to seperate. i scored a 4.2 shortblock and im starting to get my parts together. oh well...

i dont really have the time to part it all out, and i need the space. the valvetrain parts alone cost more than the asking price. you could take it all, keep what you want, and sell the stuff you dont want. you might even come out money ahead.

I will sell them to you for $475 shipped to your door. If you want them let me know. If someone buys them on ebay then I will have to sell to them. If you want them, I can cancel the auction early as long as there are no bids.

I just want to get rid of this stuff.

Paypal is ok. If you want them let me know, and I wont relist them on ebay. I can wait until friday as long as you want them.

Upper control arms are sold. All else is still avail. I also have A pair of new Rusty's tow hook brackets with used tow hooks. Brackets never mounted. hooks are in good shape. I'm thinking $50 shipped to your door.

XJMox1,

can you pm me your contact info.. my brother is in need of an HO head for his Jeep.
I'd like to have him call you to work out the details.. Since I wasn't able to get the parts I was after last week I figure I owe ya one..

Dave

Back