• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0 Transplant, wont turn over.

jchevy

NAXJA Forum User
I am putting the 4.0 out of my 93 cherokee in a buggy. Right now I am stuck with the wiring. My wiring harness is complete. I havent cut anythign out of it yet. I am still using the keyed ignition now just tryin to get it started.

When I turn the key forward the pump will prime but I cannot get it to crank. I think it may have something to do with e park/neutral interlock. How can I check it.

I think the trans right now is locked out of park. I dont have the shifter installed yet so i dont know for sure

I dont have any blown fuses.

One other quick question. I am planning to run a switch panel with a push button starter in it. Right now with the key in the on position i get spark when I turn the engine over by manualy giving power to the started. I still dont have the fuel sytem plumbed so I dont know if it will run or not.

How are the jeeps wired? Should the injectors be getting signal and will it run if I have the fuel system hooked up? Maybe I dont even need to worry about sorting this no crank issue out???

Back