• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3rd Annual Spring Meet & Greet

Mr.Shrek

NAXJA Forum User
It's that time of year again! We are coming up on our 3rd Annual Spring Meet & Greet. Here are a few group shots from the last two years.

Spring Meet 'n Greet 09 (Lots of Pictures)
3433617922_20084bf4de_b.jpg

Spring Meet n' Greet 2010 (Lots of Pics)
4489396686_ef7c738f7b_o.jpg

As you can see the even sure has grown in the last two years. This year we are gearing up to make it even bigger and better.

Where: Barfield Crescent Park Murfreesboro, TN Shelter #5 (This shelter is right next to the shelter we were at last year) When you turn into the park take the first right, turn left, and the shelter is the first one on your left.
When: April 16th
Who: Any fellow off road enthusiast and their friends or family
Activities: Easter Egg Hunt (Kids only), ultimate frisbee, frisbee golf, geocache poker run, playground, cornhole, raffle, swap meet and awards.

This is a family event to get all of the heroes at home that keep things moving along or pick up behind us when we are off wheelin or wrenching on our rigs or a friends rig. Not to mention all of our co-pilots that go wheelin/camping with us. Also if your a new member to :NAXJA: this is a great time to come out and meet a could number of members. You will find all levels of XJ's showing up. From stock to mild mods, mall crawlers to hard core trail rigs. We will be grilling out and all pitching in on the supplies like last year. Once we get a head count we will start dividing out the shopping list.

We have the pavilion from 8am-9pm. We can start as early or as late as everyone would like.

I will be starting a separate thread to get the Swap Meet going like we did last year.

Last year KP was a huge help in getting items for the raffle. I need a couple of people to volunteer on running down swag for the raffle again this year. If you'd be interested in helping PM me.

If someone would like to organize a trail ride before or after the event have at it.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone again this year.
Other then the shopping list we need to get the roll call going.

Roll Call:
1. Shrek, Fiona, and the boys. (Glenn and Crystal)

2. the queen and king will be there.

total: 6

a rolling total will be easy to keep track of, just add the number of your party to the previous total.

and geocaching may be hard to do when there are no caches in the park...

are you going to place some?

Shrekie-poo, do you want to make a list of things that people need to bring so they can go ahead and sign up for some stuff?

I would just like to point out that Davenport will not be defending his title of tallest xj this year. He won two yers in a row. Now I have a chance to win that title this year!

are we going to the top of the roof or the highest poing period ;)

maybe since redneck isnt going to be there i'll have a shot at the mods title... but who knows.

i'm just going to put 2 inch wood blocks all the way around just so i can get tallest xj. anyone got a wood lathe? lol

and geocaching may be hard to do when there are no caches in the park...

are you going to place some?

Yes we are going to have a geocache poker run just for our peoples. They will not be published on geocaching.com. I will have a list of the corrdinates to pass out to everyone along with the rules. I figured the adults should have an easter egg hunt also. So bring out your GPS units or enabled cell phones and have some fun.

MELKORsXJ and girlfriend (2 burgers)
we will bring a couple 12pks (of soda) :dunce:
...and an XJ this year

Items Needed:
Charcoal (Grills provided at pavilion):
Burgers (10+):
Hot Dogs (8+):
Chips/Side:
Potato salad: Jana
Buns for both: bigalpha
Condiments:
Mayo mustard ketchup bbq sauce Wing Nut
Desserts:
Drinks: Greg (mtn dew, coke, doc pepper, water)

Ice:
Tubes to ice down drinks: Mr.Shrek
Plates, cups, plasticware:
Easter Eggs (Plastic eggs with candy inside):
Games/Cornhole/Awards: Mr.Shrek

Roll Call
1. Shrek, Fiona, and the boys. (Glenn and Crystal). 2 burgers 2 hot dogs
2. Wingnutooa and wife (the queen and king). 2 burgers 2 hot dogs
3. JeepAddict85 and girlfriend (Greg and Girlfriend 2 burgers 1 hot dogs
4. bigalpha and wife (Alec and Candace) 2 burgers, 3 hot dogs
5. Dave92cherokee, the wi fe, and kids
6. Bosco01xj and girlfriend (Brian and Krista)
7. PacificEd, wife & kids (Ed & Sunshine)
8. MELKORsXJ and girlfriend (Dan and Chick) 2 burgers

Total: 16 adults and 8 kids

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as a heads-up ... I've gone through this thread and deleted some of the posts of the roll call. I've left all the posts that had other stuff in them, though.

Back