• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

383 Vortec XJ Swap

Not to sound like a SA, but I kinda figured that. I was wondering it there was an oil pan off a particular model that would give me the most clearance, or would I be better off using a circle track style oil pan.

I think it's best to not think about all the little details. Just drop it in and cut out anything that doesn't fit.

I do my best work when I plan the least.

CRASH

I wasn't really trying to sound like a SA either but I suppose it could have come across that way huh :)

My oil pan is right off the Corvette that the engine came out of. It clears the axle be a long ways. I even run my panhard under the oilpan.

I don't know all the Chevy SB oilpans out there but I think any standard rear sump application would work. I think a low profile circle track type pan would probably interfere with the front driveshaft.

Crash is really right here (despite highjacking the thread for personal political motives :)). Clearing the oil pan is a problem you can solve once you get the engine in. A junk yard pan cannot cost more than few bucks if the one you have doens't work. Modifying the pan yourself is always an option too.

The oilpan will not be one of the bigger problems you'll need to "pre-solve" I think is my point.

Back