• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

37's

Avanteone

NAXJA Forum User
SO, I got my steel wheels yesterday and mounted up one of my 37's to check for clearance. I gotta add a little bumpstop in the rear and trim a little bit in front, but not bad. Here's some pics:

True to their size. 20lb of air, sitting on the floor, the 35" measure 35" and the 37" measures 37"
DSCF00253.jpg

DSCF00273.jpg

Now I just gotta wait for the DIY weld on bead lock kit
DSCF00263.jpg

Front BEFORE shot with 35x13.5" and 3.75" BS
DSCF00283.jpg

And after with 37x12.5" and 4.25" BS
DSCF00303.jpg

DSCF00293.jpg

DSCF00313.jpg

DSCF00323.jpg

DSCF00333.jpg

DSCF00343.jpg

DSCF00353.jpg

DSCF00362.jpg

those are the best tires imo for off road use... i am jealous what is you axle setup and what size are the rims?

OK, so one response and two PM's asking for specs, I'll post some up:

Fr. axle is '79 F150 HP D44 narrowed/retubed to waggy width. Yukon alloy shafts and Super Joints. Full detroit and 4.88's. Chevy flat top knuckles and ford outers (5 on 5.5") RE bracket kit, RockStomper hyrdo assist kit, PSC hi-steer arm, custom steering

Rr. axle is Explorer 8.8. Dutchman alloy shafts. Full detroit and 4.88's. Disk brakes, 1" spacers to match front width and bolt pattern.

Nice John! I'm jealous man.

I was wondering why you aren't using the beadlocks you already have. So they're 17's ?

Couple of driveway shots. I honestly don't know if I like the look... I dunno if it's the BIG wheels, or the black wheels, or no beadlocks... or what, but it just looks goofy to me. I'll do some trimming and modify rear bumpstops tomorrow and I'll get some flex shots:

DSCF0037.jpg

DSCF0038.jpg

John

yeah the 17 inch rims look a little goofy thats why i asked first... do they come in a smaller rim size? are you going to use beadlocks eventually?

Maybe the wheels/tires are just too clean:)

Looks good John. I thought they were a 37x13.5x17? No?

Did you just trim your rear quarters? I don't remember them being trimmed before?

Michael

aparke4 said:
yeah the 17 inch rims look a little goofy thats why i asked first... do they come in a smaller rim size? are you going to use beadlocks eventually?

37's come in 37x12.50x17 ONLY... and yes, I have a DIY beadlock kit on the way soon from Sky's Extreme Offroad in utah.... I just couldn't wait to get 'em mounted and see what they looked like.

J

2xtreme said:
Maybe the wheels/tires are just too clean:)

Looks good John. I thought they were a 37x13.5x17? No?

Did you just trim your rear quarters? I don't remember them being trimmed before?

Michael

The 35'x are 13.5 wide, the 37's are 12.5"

Quarters have been trimmed for a year or better... just with my old bumper there was 2x4" steel coming up the sides. I bent that one and built this one last month and haven't decided for sure what I'm gonna do. It will probably be tube coming forward from the bumper, then tie into the "frame", then have tube fenders go up and over the wheelwell and tie into the rockers.

J

Common sense evades me from time to time, so bare with me. I love the looks of the krawlers, and I know they're great for rocks from what I'm told. However, with lugs bigger than my fist, doesn't that take the space for more lugs away? In turn, wouldn't that be taking away more lugs for more opportunities to move/grip objects?

mud1059 said:
Common sense evades me from time to time, so bare with me. I love the looks of the krawlers, and I know they're great for rocks from what I'm told. However, with lugs bigger than my fist, doesn't that take the space for more lugs away? In turn, wouldn't that be taking away more lugs for more opportunities to move/grip objects?

They have worked great for me in rocks, snow, mud, dirt, etc. Hands down, best tire I've ever run.

J

Back