• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

37" MT/R's are on!

and I bet stock brakes on those 30's to stop these 37's, sounds like a plan sign me up.

big wheel + big brakes = stop bigger tires faster(more close to stock).

just giving ya my .02 cents not trying to be a jerk about it or anything.
There are several benefits to ditching the 30.
Aren't the gears in the 30 (maxed at 4.88) going to be...not so good for runnign 37's?

Majo said:
and I bet stock brakes on those 30's to stop these 37's, sounds like a plan sign me up.

big wheel + big brakes = stop bigger tires faster(more close to stock).

just giving ya my .02 cents not trying to be a jerk about it or anything.
There are several benefits to ditching the 30.
Aren't the gears in the 30 (maxed at 4.88) going to be...not so good for runnign 37's?

OK,OK....

Everyone knows what your saying, but the guy already has the tires and he is obviously gonna run them. So just let it go, its not your rig. Either it will be an "I told you so" or not, but there is no point going on and on and on when he is already got his mind made up.

Its cool man, Ive ran my 37" SSRs(much heavier than MTRs) for about 7months now under my stock and locked axles, D30/8.25 with 456s with no problems! :cheers:

Man I love that bumper gojeep. I would really like to know more about it, so please pm me---------Kyle

I realize that my setup isn't really ideal for 37's. I planned on upgrading everything first and then stepping up to 37's by summer. However, a good local deal came up on the tires that I had to jump on. I mounted up the 37's so I could move my 34's to the wife's XJ and get rid of the 33's. I don't plan on wheeling that hard with my current setup until I make the appropriate upgrades, just wasn't any sense in having a set of tires laying around when I could have the money back in my bank account. I believe I already mentioned I will be putting in an 8.8 in the rear, and will make some upgrades to the D30. I don't wheel as hard or often as my friends, so the D30 with a few upgrades will be fine for my application.
I understand what you all are saying, because I think most of the same thing, just wanted to let you all understand that I am just doing the process in the wrong order for the reason explained above, so I will be taking it easy for the next month or two until the appropriate upgrades are made. Thanks for your input and keep it coming. I'm a big boy and can take the flaming. :cheers:

I know what you mean about finding a deal on tires that just can't be passed up. I had no plans to put 37's (MT/R's) on mine, but ran into a screaming deal while looking for a couple of 35's to replace a couple that got cut. I just had to get them. I was on a wheeling vacation (BOTW '04), so in camp that night we mounted them up and used the cordless sawzall to do a little more fender trimming. It's hard to pass up a super good deal on tires...... :)

Now I want to start carrying spare front axles.......

standard.jpg

Had to do more fender trimming when I got home.
standard.jpg

Looks great Gottabe!

I know you mentioned the pending axle swaps and all, so I know thats why you aren't going to regear the stock axles... but dang, 37's on stock gears must really suck! Instead of leaving your auto tranny in 3rd, do you leave it in the 1 - 2 position instead? LOL! ;)

Looks awsome
looking for a set of 37's for mine in Colorado anyone got some
Already got the sawsall LOL

Back