• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

35s on stocks

I'm guessing those pictures are before the axle swap?

yeah, those were right at the end of hunting season i hadnt started the swap, ill take some pictures of what it looks like now, i also had some pics of what the ring and pinion looked like, and what was left of the carrier after it happened, those were the axles that were in it when i bought it from the guy who did the resto and the 8" lift and the spoa, the rims i have on it now have terrible back spacing to when i go to turn i get lots of rubbing

Yeahdude38 said:
Hey just trying to get some input for my 97 xj. I have a 5.5" extreme duty Long arm kit going in from RE. I was planning on putting in rear blocks and getting the 8 inch coils for the front since that kit is upgradeable and wanted to run 35 swamper tsl/sx. Now my question is it safe to do that with a 8.25/d30 with 3.55s. I have heard mixed stories. some say its not safe while others say it is safe as long as you dont wheel it hard or whatever. If i did do that I planned on going 44/44 eventually but have no clue when with 4.11s. The thing is i would have no clue when i would do the axle upgrades, Probably not for awhile since its gonna cost a little bit. Just want some opinion if the 35s would be safe. It is a daily driver but it wouldnt bother me having the bigger tires and i do no someone that ran 35s on a 8.25/d30 with the 3.55s and he said it went fine. If you guys think its not a good idea or safe I can always just run the 33 tsl/sx cas i no that they are fine with the stocks and 3.55s. Just a little help. Thanks guys.

You don't need 8" to run 35's, so drop the blocks. I ran 35's with the RE 5.5 for 3 years. You just need to trim the fenders, and adjust your bumpstops.

Your question was is it safe to run 35's with 3.55's? Sure it's safe, that doesn't mean it's smart, or that you will like it. Either re-gear to 4.56 or stick with 32 or 33's.

Dame this is still going !!
lift blocks can be used in some situations .
case in point i use them but my spring are very stiff i don't have any axel wrap and they work as a pendulum to help aid in flex .i also believe that Goteman also advocated this a some point in a discussion a while back .now i'm not saying 4" blocks are good but small steal ones in some circumstance's are help full.

Back