• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33x12.50-15 tires on an 8" wide wheel (tire claims 8.5" min width)

Thanks for the info!

Well I have gone with the Goodyear DuraTrac for the fairly consistent good reviews they get regarding snow and ice, and decent on everything else.

duratrac1.jpg

I think they will suit me well and I bought those Dyna beads to put inside for balancing - I'll let all know how they work - it's a $28 experiment - a worthy gamble I thought as I've not tried them but hated trying to keep my last large LT tires balanced.

Thanks for the info!

Well I have gone with the Goodyear DuraTrac for the fairly consistent good reviews they get regarding snow and ice, and decent on everything else.

duratrac1.jpg

I think they will suit me well and I bought those Dyna beads to put inside for balancing - I'll let all know how they work - it's a $28 experiment - a worthy gamble I thought as I've not tried them but hated trying to keep my last large LT tires balanced.

Those look pretty nice, I like :) did you get 12.50's? My concern is weight of the tire, and unsprung weight.

Those look pretty nice, I like :) did you get 12.50's? My concern is weight of the tire, and unsprung weight.

Hi, Yes 12.50's because only a few offroad tires that I know of come in 10.50 and none are boasting snow/ice peformance as primary.

Looks like 49 pounds, but consider the weight you add here is low, so little CG effect. Here are the listed specs for the DuraTrac in this size:

Size = 33X12.5R15
Load Index 108 = 2205lbs (1000kg) per tire
Speed Rating “Q” = 99mph (160kph) 108Q CMax
Max psi = 35 psi
Tread Depth = 18/32"
Weight = 49 lbs.
Approved Rim = 8.5-11"
Measured Rim = 10"
Section Width = 12.5"
Tread Width = 10"
Overall Diameter = 32.5"
Revs Per Mile = 643