• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33s or 35s vote for what you think is best for me:

33s or 35s

• yes 35s

Votes: 26 28.3%
  • no stay 33s

Votes: 66 71.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZachMan said:
By the way 4wdHardware has a sale going on. No shipping charges on orders over $300. (4) 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZs for $519 shipped.
Are you sure that applies to tires? I copied this from their site.
Sold individually. Note: Our Standard Shipping rates DO NOT apply to tires. Tire-Specific shipping charges apply. Sales rep will contact you with price. Tires are not subject to any discounts or promotion codes. F.E.T tax not included in the price of tire.

I voted for the 35s, that what i run on my XJ, and i just regeared th 4.88s, because i couldnt pass anything on a hill and so i can pull my 20' pontoon boat easier. I run cut wheelwells, 4.5" lift, d30,d44 with cv axleshafts in the front and am not nice to the foot feed and havent broken yet in 2 yrs of wheeling this rig. Drivers preference mainly just thought id add my experience.

ChuckstrPT said:
I want a full report on these treads! They are likely to be my next set, only slightly smaller! I'd go to 35's if I was you, your likely to want them later, and If you are swapping to a 1 ton in the near future, just be careful until then! If you weren't planning the 1 ton's, I'd say stick to 33s! You get those shocks on yet??:wave:

Hey Andy!

The shocks will go on in 2 weeks or so. Everyone is willing to help me get some stuff done, but on their time not mine...you know how it is.

I'll let you know how I like the tires, I may not order till next month though. I want 35s so bad, but 1-tons are along ways away since I have decided to upgrade to a bigger house next year. Guess I just have to keep my priorities in order heh.

Red97XJ said:
nobody has really talked about the daily driver effect.... for cool points, hard to beet bigger tires, but real world, 33's will help with breakage, GAS mileage, handling, stopping, etc.

I vote 33's, but then I am just a little guy on 32's!

Allot to be said for wheeling and not always fixing your junk.

I have a 3 mile commute to work :party:

hackedxj said:
Are you sure that applies to tires? I copied this from their site.
Sold individually. Note: Our Standard Shipping rates DO NOT apply to tires. Tire-Specific shipping charges apply. Sales rep will contact you with price. Tires are not subject to any discounts or promotion codes. F.E.T tax not included in the price of tire.

Dang, guess I got tooo excited. I was wondering how they lowered their prices and had no shipping charges. I'll call them today.

If this doesn't work out TRXus MTs here I come.

ZachMan said:
Dang, guess I got tooo excited. I was wondering how they lowered their prices and had no shipping charges. I'll call them today.

If this doesn't work out TRXus MTs here I come.

If you want to go Truxus, I'd definately say 33's. The metric 32's weight more than a 35" BFG MT. Heavy ass tires.

tires rub to much on the lower control arms already w/ 33's
plus for me still running my stock 3.07 gears 33's are a push already
my .02cents

nickangus said:
my .02cents
Your clutch is screaming for mercy. I run 31's on my 3.07's and hate it, I can't imagine 33's
My opinion is 33's, I rode with someone at redbird on 33's, locked F/R. Very capable, not really any worries about breaking stuff. I think that at 35" tires you seriously need to upgrade axles and brakes. That's a pretty big moment of inertia, especially with a heavy MT tire.

nickangus said:
my .02cents

Width of the tire and backspacing of the rim, are what makes it rub the control arms. Not the height of the tire.

90xjsweetevil said:
are we talking 12.5's or 10.5's?

yeah a 35x10.50 :doh:

nickangus said:
my .02cents

Thats not helping me since my tires do not rub and I have 4.56s, lol.

ZachMan said:
I have a 3 mile commute to work :party:

How far from the farthest trail you wheel to your front door? That is what I meant! We all break, I just like to upgrade what you KNOW is likely to break before it does... or in this case, run a good safe combo.

Kinda like a guy running a spool on his D35 with 37's, just doesn't make sense.

Right now im running 35x16 boggers with 3.55s.... ya its kinda rough, but started my ax15 swap today, and hopfully will have my 60 in over the weekend too. Either way, iv been running them for about three months now on my dd with no complants, although my hearing isnt what it was. Just my .02, 35s are just fine, you just need to be careful with thoes stock shafts, also expect to go through some sets of wheel bearings in your stock 30.

Back