• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

31's with a 2inch lift?

man_down

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '99xj, with 2 inch blocks and spacers. My friend wrecked his truck and gave me his 31's. Fittable? They look like they should, and I'm not worried about trimming (if needed) at all. Thanks in advance.

well first id ditch the blocks, but you will prob need a little trimming for no rubbing

I run 31's with a 2inch, no trimming. I play alot in the snow and alittle in the mud. minor rubs only, BUT, I did nothing to bumpstops either. I think the key is wheel backspacing. I only stick out the flares, maybe 3/4 of an inch. I'm living with the minor rubbing for now.

damn,canman you caulda kept the flares if ya had the right backspaced wheels. those white spokes look nasty. Sure hope it was temp fix and you went bigger.

silent_bob_662001 said:
damn,canman you caulda kept the flares if ya had the right backspaced wheels. those white spokes look nasty. Sure hope it was temp fix and you went bigger.

Why keep the flares? They would just get destroyed like the TJ's I have now.

And I did get the right backspaced wheels. That is what I wanted. No sence in buying multiple sets of wheels for each 'phase' of a Jeep build.

Why would I want black/chrome/ect.. wheels? So I can look like everyone else? White was the cheapest. So who gives a fawk?

What was a temp fix? Look at my sig, not the rig it used to be...

:conceited

I ran 31's with a 2" B on my MJ, no problems except rubbiing at full lock onthe LCA and the innner fender up high at full stuff, could be stopped by a very minor bumpstop.

sorry for the dig canman, had not seen that you upgraded. just seen no trimming for 31 is all.

With stock wheels, 31 Mud Terrains, no fender trimming, and 2 hocky pucks on each side to extend the bumpstops, I have no rubbing on the fenders with the swaybar disconnected. The only rubbing I have is the control arms at full steering lock.

The rear is not an issue but I'm running a well broken in RE 3.5 AAL.

2", 31's & stock rims. Moved the front flairs up to the body line & trimmed the rears to the pinch seam. No rubbing except on the lca's. JIM.
IMG18.jpg

Just did a 2" spacer on a friends with blocks in the back (not my choice) He went with 31 10.50

The problem as mentioned before we purchased 15x8 wheels with i guess way wrong back spacing. It rubbed like a SOB. Not even driveable. With some major trimming to the front (old jeep 87) and some trimming on the back (which GoJeep has the exact same thing we did detailed on his web page) we made it well drivable. Not hardcore 4x4ing! They even rubbed during major flex on the back (top of wheel well) Wish i would have found this site first we would have chosen a way better choice of wheel. Still would have went with 31's though

Hope this helps

4x4 Station Wagon said:
Just did a 2" spacer on a friends with blocks in the back (not my choice) He went with 31 10.50

The problem as mentioned before we purchased 15x8 wheels with i guess way wrong back spacing. It rubbed like a SOB. Not even driveable. With some major trimming to the front (old jeep 87) and some trimming on the back (which GoJeep has the exact same thing we did detailed on his web page) we made it well drivable. Not hardcore 4x4ing! They even rubbed during major flex on the back (top of wheel well) Wish i would have found this site first we would have chosen a way better choice of wheel. Still would have went with 31's though

Hope this helps

Go back to the stock wheels. I ran all over Moab with the above combo with no problems. JIM.

Back