• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

31" with no lift, Temporary

akennedy99

NAXJA Forum User
I am planing on getting new tires and was wondering how the rubbing would be.

I was planing on getting 31's with a 3 inch lift, but will not have the lift for a couple of weeks. If I ran 31's with no lift for a couple of weeks how bad would the rubbing be, and what kind of issues would I have? I would not be wheeling with this, strictly highway driving for now.

I would probably get some BFG AT or MT's.

Any pix if people got em?

Thanks,
Alex

what's the backspacing on the rims they'd be mated to?

IIRC, they are 15x7 with like 5 inches of backspacing...you'd probably have quite a bit of rubbing, at full lock for sure...and if you hit a pothole, you might be reattaching your fender flares....

are your stock springs sagging at all? I know my OEM rear leafs were really frowning before i got new springs......

Not mine, but, 31's and stock.

31NoLift1.jpg

31NoLift2.jpg

Stock31s.jpg

A lot of people do fine with 31 and no lift.
A little fender work some taller stops and 33 have been livable with as little as 2 inches.

I have a 96 with stock steels and 30.5 x 9.50. They do rub at full lock. Fair amount of sag in rear,and they havent bottomed out, normal to mod wheeling.

Just sack up and get the 31's that your wanting and run them for the week or two until you get your lift. You WILL rub at full lock with or without the lift due to the backspacing of your rims. You are going to be rubbing the lca's with 5" of backspacing from the factory rims. Just take it easy until; you get the lift on and some different rims..you'll be fine:cheers:

You'll be fine. Run the 31's for a couple of weeks. No wheeling, no curb hopping, and extend the steering stops.....because the LCA rubbing won't change when you lift it anyway.

I run stock with 30x9.50's.

Sometimes they rub at full lock, sometimes not. I don't get it.

I just removed both swaybars. Yesterday was the first day the front tires rubbed on the wheel whells while I was out on a trail. Yay!

Looking for a 3" lift this summer.

I had 31" BFG AT's for several weeks without a lift and it was ok. Dont drive crazy and dont load up your vehicle with tons of stuff and you will be fine.

Volusiaguy said:
How much backspacing on Cragar soft 8's in the 15x8 size? We may have to do the tires for a bit before the lift goes in too....

Not sure if you can order different BS but I believe the TJ guys get them with 4" BS...

Back