• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" Rough Country Lift Kit

Yes i'm another victim of the RC 3" lift " Drivline Vibration ".
I drive a 89 XJ RC 3" and running 31 inch tires. Its a light vibration I can only feel in my gas pedal when i'm on the throttle.
Is anything going to blow aprt on me if i drive it like this a while.

I am currently running a 4.5" Rough Country lift (w/ full rear leaf packs) on a '98 w/ 33x12.5 ProComp Xtreme MTs. I dropped my transfer case about an inch and I get VERY minor vibs at 60mph. Those studs are an absolute PITA to get out of the "frame" but it is possible. I used a pipe wrench on one and had to use a stud puller on the other (stud puller looks like a socket but has flaps with teeth inside that bite into the bolt)

You can get some pretty good articulation with a RC lift and sway bar disconnects

WraithKWK said:
Yes i'm another victim of the RC 3" lift " Drivline Vibration ".

It's not rough country driveline vibration. it's LIFT KIT driveline vibration. you'll get it regardless of what lift you go with. i would recommend either install a transfercase drop, or getting a slip yoke eliminator.

Yea I'm ordering rusty's drop kit today.

Ouch...hope he didnt rape you on the shipping...all the way across the country...

Good luck fixing your vibes!

Back