• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2nd Annual March Mudfest (in February)-

Great pics! I had a blast. The drive home sucked. An unbalanced spare TSL on the front was a b!tch to compete with at speed.

Rod ends are shot, and front shaft needs to be replaced or rebuilt. Otherwise, another fun trip up there.

holy crap!! my old jeep as commented by matt having bald swampers and a bent tie rod :)

it warms my heart to see it in action still, and that the bumper i built is still in one piece. i can't even remember the name of the kid who bought it!

85xj4dr said:
Ahhhhhh.
I want to go wheeling. So bad. It's been so nice lately.
Do you think a XJ with 28's and a 3'' lift, no sliders, and a 2.5L could have made it?

We had a guy set up sort of like that. He massaged his rockers and various other body panels pretty good, but he didn't care. Do you want to keep your Jeep straight? If so, the answer is no.

85xj4dr said:
Ahhhhhh.
Do you think a XJ with 28's and a 3'' lift, no sliders, and a 2.5L could have made it?

I think most of us would consider that a wee bit on the stock side to recommend it. The rockers would have been in rough shape after a trip like that, not to mention the constant yanking you would need from the front. ;)

Michael

Big thanks to Matt(IXNAYXJ) and Ryan(Blkxjkrawler) for keeping things running relatively smoothly on Saturday. And also thanks to everyone who showed up and made it a good time.

-Jeremy

85xj4dr said:
Ahhhhhh.

You can get 31's under a 3" lift---make some sliders, lock the rear, and you should do fine!! Heck, Ryan (atownathiest) made it w/ 30" moderate mud tires (Avon SXT's); 3" lift and a locked rear; only a couple small dings in the lower 1/4 on dr side---in the snow!!!!

trainwrexj said:
holy crap!! my old jeep as commented by matt having bald swampers and a bent tie rod :)

it warms my heart to see it in action still, and that the bumper i built is still in one piece. i can't even remember the name of the kid who bought it!

That kid sold it to me! Had bent rear spring perches and loose spark plugs!
That bumper got a little tweeked up on the drivers side. Not bad but I think I'm going to beef it up a bit. Did you roll it and rebuild the top or did that happen after?

that must have happened when he owned it. i never rolled it. lean it into a few trees, yes - roll it, no.

it makes sense that he may have done so, given the fact that the windows were tinted when i sold it. it looked like the tint was gone, so maybe he had to replace all the windows after a roll.

IXNAYXJ said:
That's crazy! I didn't recognize it with doors on it. ;)

-----Matt-----

good call, matt. i was soooo glad i didn't get a ticket when i got pulled over on the way back from naches.

your new rig is TIGHT! i'm officially jealous.

Back