• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

28" rubber brake line source????

4ward

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for 2 rubber lines for the front. Can't seem to find what I want though. If someone comes up with 28" and not more than 2 hoses attached together I'll reup my membership. I've come up with 24, but as we all know an extra 4" keeps 'em happy.

We've snapped 2 stainless lines, so don't even suggest that please.

I am not sure on length, but i am running mid 90's 1-ton IFS fronts and they are much longer than the SS ones that came with my RE 5.5 kit. Seem more durable also, no aluminum stems to snap off, ask me how I know:anon:.

CartsXJ said:
I am not sure on length, but i am running mid 90's 1-ton IFS fronts and they are much longer than the SS ones that came with my RE 5.5 kit. Seem more durable also, no aluminum stems to snap off, ask me how I know:anon:.

Chevy? I'm looking for some similar brake lines as well. 3/8" banjo at the caliper right?

yeah they bolt up like they belong there, the only thing is the caliper side has a stranger bent elbow, but you'll figured it out once you have them on there.

Carpenter said:
But the application is mid 90s Chevy right? I'll have to check them out.

Yes Chevy.....forgot that part :doh:

The longest one-piece rubber brake line I have been able to find is just under 26".

Raybestos part numbers BH38872 and BH38873.

Anyone else come up with anything longer?

CartsXJ, I asked for a line for the application you told me and the parts guy came back with a short line, I'd say 9" long. He wasn't very helpful though. Was the line you got for a 2wd or 4wd? I assume since you mentioned IFS you meant 4wd. Dually or single wheel?

Carpenter said:
The longest one-piece rubber brake line I have been able to find is just under 26".

Raybestos part numbers BH38872 and BH38873.

Anyone else come up with anything longer?

CartsXJ, I asked for a line for the application you told me and the parts guy came back with a short line, I'd say 9" long. He wasn't very helpful though. Was the line you got for a 2wd or 4wd? I assume since you mentioned IFS you meant 4wd. Dually or single wheel?

4wd, IFS, 1-ton chevy, not sure if it matters on dually or single. They will have a bracket about half way that bolts to the upper a-arm on the chevy. That could be the one, not really sure on the length, but if its not enough, just drop you frame mounted hardlines.

sorry i cant help with the part ## but i had some off a mid 90s IFS Chevy 2500 and they measured 28". They had 2 small mounting brackets on the line but didnt get in the way. I will look and see if I can find the part ##

I ended up using the BH38872 and BH38873 hoses. They measured right at 25". This is a YJ but you should get the idea.

standard.jpg

Back