• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2016 Country Fried Weekend - Jan 14-17th

Lowrange2

NAXJA Forum User
It's that time again. I look forward to this camping trip every year. It's always a ton of fun.

This makes the 3rd time I've posted a thread here announcing the event. Stump has posted it in the past... This makes the 4th year I've attended and not since a single one of your faces there. You really should change that. It's a great time.

This year is going to be a little different from years' past. This year the event us being held on privately owned land and we don't want the masses to know the location of that land. So, you'll only learn the location of the event after you've paid the $40 event admittance fee to pay for the venue. I can tell you, for planning purposes, that the event will be held near Jasper, GA.

The event will include great food (Saturday evening), lots of campfire, some wheeling (On site trail system) and lots of great company. You really should come.

You can find a bit more info here at this following thread. This thread includes the info you're looking for but it's buried through many pages so if you're interested feel free to ask me.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/147487-CFW-2016

TO REGISTER FOR THE EVENT SEE THIS THREAD: (Registration deadline is Jan - 4th)

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/150670-CFW2016-Registration-Thread

Here's a few pictures of the venue:

001_zpskeqtgrkd.jpg

005_zpsbvfl6t4j.jpg

007_zpsuhtvsrvf.jpg

034_zpsxxsjgm00.jpg

Anywho, I'm tired of typing.

Hope to see you there.

I'll be in sunny, exotic.....Manhattan during those dates.

Actually, probably freezing my gonads off wandering around that overpopulated concrete jungle.

Last edited:

Put that roof next to that fire place and that is what I'd like to have in the yard...... except maybe not quite that big.....

Anything for a dedicated trail rig?

No. This trip really isn't about wheeling. It's more about camping, chilling, eating, etc. But, there's wheeling to be had.

There are trails but the majority of the guys that'll be at this thing think dirt service roads are pretty extreme. An XJ on 31's would be more than sufficient for this event.

This actually coincides with a long weekend for Fort Bragg. I may well get the chance to come down.

I might be in...have to run it by the wife...I know my Scout troop is camoping the weekend prior.

Anything for a dedicated trail rig?

GL!

Might not be sense he's doing it with the Marines I'd guess..... :eek:

It's actually going to be a pretty nice trip. I'm headed over there to develop some pre-sale maintenance support for the japanese V-22's.

It's big money paid for and all commercial flying.

It's actually going to be a pretty nice trip. I'm headed over there to develop some pre-sale maintenance support for the japanese V-22's.

It's big money paid for and all commercial flying.

Oh that does sound nice then! Carry on sir!

Today is the day. Last call.

Well shit. I somehow missed this post or I would have planned for this. It's to late for me as I have a date with 2 broken jeeps. I need to keep my eyes open better.

Back