• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2012 build plans?

Get a hitch in by April (will have one at WF if I don't have one by then).

Pay it off (owe 300 dollars) and start saving up for lift and tires (about 2,000).

Build plans ....

Wherever used parts brings me :D

For the XJ:
Rear disc brake conversion on the C8.25 using ZJ parts (already have the parts)
Build new cross member with t-case skid for XJ (got a spare cross member for build/mockup)

Misc:
Build a simple 4'x4' cargo trailer for storing camping equipment/hauling stuff to and from trails. Will have 5x4.5 bolt pattern but getting a set of 5x4.5 to 5x5 adapters so I can run matched size spares depending on if I am pulling it with the XJ or XK.
Quick ACAD 3D model I drew.
trailerrender.jpg

First, I want to get the thing running. Then source out the parts needed to make it look more presentable. Then start on the modifications to increase some performance, and mpgs. Goal is to be in the low to mid 20's by summer.

CAI
TBS
Fenders replaced
Door repaint
Clean/Vacuum interior
Replace Windshield
Swap Intake to Late Model
Header Upgrade
Rear Main seal Replacement
Shock Replacement
Quick Disconnects
Brown Dog Engine Mounts
All Fluids drained and Replaced Using Synthetic where possible
SYE
Hidden Winch Installation
Extended Idle Switch Installation
Headliner Installation
Upgrade Sound system
And then.......

Heck, I'm gonna be busy for the whole year. I'll post up as I get done I guess.

Jeff

First, I want to get the thing running. Then source out the parts needed to make it look more presentable. Then start on the modifications to increase some performance, and mpgs. Goal is to be in the low to mid 20's by summer.

CAI
TBS
Fenders replaced
Door repaint
Clean/Vacuum interior
Replace Windshield
Swap Intake to Late Model
Header Upgrade
Rear Main seal Replacement
Shock Replacement
Quick Disconnects
Brown Dog Engine Mounts
All Fluids drained and Replaced Using Synthetic where possible
SYE
Hidden Winch Installation
Extended Idle Switch Installation
Headliner Installation
Upgrade Sound system
And then.......

Heck, I'm gonna be busy for the whole year. I'll post up as I get done I guess.

Jeff

Throw that throttle body spacer in the trash. If you hit mid 20's let us know your secret!

Throw that throttle body spacer in the trash. If you hit mid 20's let us know your secret!

Well I did notice an improvement in my throttle response with the spacer, but the mpg gains claimed were bunk. So there was some performance gains, but going to the new style intake will likely help with the increases needed.

My last '94 had the same setup, was PW/PL, 231 xfer case, New engine at 150k and the same tires and wheels currently on this one. The current '94 is basically the same thing, but this one is a 242 xfer case, 155k original miles. CAI is first on the list, but since most of the exhaust is shot, I'm gonna probably start there and see what I can do. Its not an unobtainable goal, but some of the other things I am going to do will/should help bring the #'s up some. This will be an ongoing project, count on it.

Jeff

Transmission cooler (sitting in my garage)
Slip Yoke Eliminator (on order)
Drop brackets
F100 Coils or Camaro spacer
GMC\Chevy 1500 spring hangers

Should get me an extra 2 inches, bringing me to about 5-5 1/2 by the Crawl.

It would be #4 thank you very much! :gee:

Hey i've only had a comanche, 94 XJ, tracker and the Suabru in the past year and then there is my Jeep! :D

You had one like 2 years ago.......:laugh3:

well going to full widths
HPd44 front and 9in rear
4.88 gears or 5.13s
37's on recentered hummer rims
2x6 rocker replacement
custom long arms
front winch bumper
rear tire carrier for the 37in tire
get some sway bars on the front
and anything else that comes up. looking to start this by may and end it by august

You know most 44/9's are 5x5.5 and hummer and humvee wheels are 8x6.5, right? And if you are talking about the humvee wheels they are 16.5" and that kinda sucks.

well going to full widths
HPd44 front and 9in rear
4.88 gears or 5.13s
37's on recentered hummer rims
2x6 rocker replacement
custom long arms
front winch bumper
rear tire carrier for the 37in tire
get some sway bars on the front
and anything else that comes up. looking to start this by may and end it by august

You know most 44/9's are 5x5.5 and hummer and humvee wheels are 8x6.5, right? And if you are talking about the humvee wheels they are 16.5" and that kinda sucks.
i know that most are 5x5.5 and im going to get recentered humvee rims for whatever lug pattern i got because military takeoff tires are really cheap and easy to find

Back