• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2011 Chapter Event thread.

The only indication for attendance is the "who's coming" thread. The chapter has a Paypal account setup so we could start selling raffle tickets and dinners.

Wecould even ask the masses what they want?

Just an update:

So I started getting info on catering companies on Friday.....just like a basic brisket sandwhich and a couple sides runs about $10 bucks a plate.

GIMike also sent me a PM and said he is game for catering as well. He would want to cook on site at the KOA....others have mentioned they might want a boxed meal in case they are running late....figure we could save them some after its all cooked.

The only thing left is to get a good head count....not sure if everyone coming is game for paying 10-15 bucks for dinner? Guess we could start a thread and ask people to reply if they want dinner?

Thoughts?

Jon, got my debit card, but the naxja account does not show up yet when I log into Wellsfargo....will call them about it this week.

The bank part worries me. ASAP go there and move money around like I explained. I'm pretty sure when the auto transfer hits it's going to over draft us.

I am going to stop at a branch today and straighten things out....If they try to penalize us I will ask them why I was not able to see the account online in time to make the necessary transfers. We will see how it pans out....I have a pretty good relationship with WF.

As for catering....I would prefer to go with GImike as I would like to support another NAXJA member. I am going to get a per plate estimate from him based on 30 to 40 people buying in.

Did a quick search and found out that NAXJA is registered as a not for profit....so...does each chapter have to apply for not for profit status in our respective states or are we all included under the NAXJA status?

To my knowledge, yes, we have to register the chapter with the state as well.

10-4...Have started looking into it. Found a website with all the nitty gritty details...looks like registering is the easy part. I will print the info out at work this week and give it a read.

John the rig looks good with tires and axles under it!

More info on the dinner:

Chopped Brisket & Pulled Pork Sliders $8.00 per person
Western Beans
Potato Salad
Green Salad / 2 Types of Dressings
Buns
Dessert
Lemonade
Sweet Tea
Reg. Tea
Ice Water

Prices include paper plates, plastic ware, plastic cups, paper napkins & BBQ sauce.

There will be an additional $60.00 Set-up and Service fee.

With the service fee it comes out to $9.50 a plate. Mike a was also saying we could get a cake with a NAXJA logo or a cherokee on it for dessert but it would come at an additional cost....I might be game if it costs $20 or less...that would bring it to $10 a plate even for dinner.

Thoughts? I will post up a thread to get any pre-event orders here in the next day or two. Just wanted to run everything by you guys first.

Hey Kraker,

Just wanted to make sure we are planning on doing the raffle on Saturday around the same time as dinner right?

Got a call from GIMike and if we dont have 35 people posted on the whos coming to dinner thread by Sunday he cant cater for us. I am going to try and encourage people to sign up before then and having the raffle at dinner will probably help convince some people to buy in.

Yes usually the raffle is just after dinner.

I'm sure we'll have 35 people. This happens every year no one posts or gives any inclination. Then there's tons that show up. I seriously doubt you will get 35 commitments in time.

Getting close!

Hey John just wondering if you had tickets for the raffles or if thats something I should pick up before I head up on Friday?

Back