• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2011 Chapter Event thread.

1. TM, FJ, other?

2. Late September(Heat), November, October?

3. How many days 2, 3, 4?

4. Site Camping? Basecamp style?

1. Table Mesa

2. Early-Mid October

3. 2-3 days maybe Friday October 7th thru Sunday October 9th?

I feel we should transfer over all ideas and brainstorming for Rockfest over to the new event. Basecamp being at the Koa as discussed.

Friday: arrive, set up camp, meet 'n greet new faces, possible scheduled planned night run?
Saturday: split up into built vs mild built rigs, maybe two morning runs to hit up a few trails? lunch at a communal gathering? old Rockfest camping location? then another more challenging afternoon run? head back to base camp at koa for Potluck dinner and Raffle. Then leave the night open to unsanctioned diy night run.
Sunday: scheduled moderate morning run, head home when you want to.

This is kind of how I hope we plan things with changes ofcourse.

Possible names??

Keep the Rockfest name? new name? Az Crawlfest 2011? Valley of the Sun Cherokeefest?

I think we need a new name as we are trying to mark the new beginning of this chapter.

I would not schedule it durring FF. I will def go to FF.

Name: how about hot rocks

Stewie I like rocks, but not everybody does. I think we need a name that doesn't make those feel like it is a rock crawling event. I don't have any good suggestions though. We are going to have a run for mild rigs that families can go on right? I think we need to try and include all XJ'S in the chapter so that the wife's and kids can go on a run and the guys can go play on the rocks.

Ok, let's include the slamed 2wd xjs. :)

Never mind answered my question. Oct 5-9th Moab. Maybe late October then? Or first week of November? September is still too hot IMO.

Undertakers have their marathon in Nov. Socal have their JV run in early Nov as well. Perhaps late Oct? FWIW I would like to stay away from a name that hints we're a rock crawling only event/club.

well, if we decide to change locations as we have in the past how about something plain and general like Wheeling AZ? personally i think rocks is most of what we do and most of what wheeling is available. though there are scenic drives

First thing first. I need a date/name/and named coordinator to get our event posted in the events section. POSJ will be the named coordinator and probably the moderator for the event section.

How about XJtoberfest?

I'd like to see something down in Tucson. Ive never wheeled down there and I am extremely fond of having (formerly RF) in different locations across the state. Perhaps something up in the pines...

I like the end of October as well.

Very true. I just don't want to intimidate any newbs out there.

that is what a Newb Run is for:clap:. But I do agree in trying to get some of them out there.

I'm totally game for a Tucson run. Brian (AZRockrunner) said he would lead runs down there. Thats def a possibility. A summertime pines run would be badass and get us out of the heat for a while.

we could have our national event at the Cracks? yea its a little bit of a drive but with it being a "national" event it should motivate people to go. Plus its on private land and therefore we would not have a raffle issue. I also like the idea of each year holding it at a new place.

CherOktoberfest?

Would it have to be in conjunction with HCR? If so it might be an insurance issue. Attendance might die out since it is so damn far away.

From my understanding with camping and hanging with the HCR gang when I went up in September was that the lands are open to everyone. The main camping spot is on public land, and all of the trails are on private land, and the owner is allowing it to be used for wheeling purposes.

I can talk to Thom with HCR about it though if we go this route. Again it is about a 3 hour drive from Phoenix. But hella worth it.

Back