• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2008 ford d60's

Basically I can buy a set of d60's front and rear from a 08 ford for 800$. I don't know much about 60's other then at some point I will prob want them under my jeep. Can anybody advise this to be a good/bad purchase.

It'll be good, I run '03 F250 axles. The later ones have a few improvements.
There's some good threads about them on pirate.

Does your source have more than one? I need an 08 axle for my f250.

All depends what your plans are with them. The rear will be the Sterling 10.5 and they have the metric 8x170 bolt pattern. The front is a ball joint unit bearing setup, it's more expensive/work to change over to a high steer setup. It will also have the large cast-in radius arm mounts on the center section and coil bucket brackets off the Inner C. 05+ will be Super60 type stuff, although the 250/350's have the larger knuckles, they still use the smaller traditional D60 u-joint. True Super60 will have the 5" wide 1550 series joints and 45* steering out of the box.

I'm running an 02 Dana 50 under my rig. The hardest part was welding up the drivers side control arm mount. With the super sixty you have to cut off the cast arms (or run them they are as wide as a xj unibody). And there just isn't enough space on the drivers side.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Back