• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 Spark Plug question

Redsnake said:
I have been running Champion Truck Plugs in my '96 for about 100K miles... however I'm getting ready to do a tune-up this weekend and have decided to switch over to the NGK V-power plugs.

I haven't run the NGKs in my XJ (4.0) yet, but I really trust their plugs. Plus it was hard for me to find the Champion Truck plugs, and if I could (after ordering them) they were nearly triple the price of the NGKs.

I've run NGK's in sports cars over the past 20 years and have NEVER had a problem w/them. Never a fouled or broken plug (that wasn't my fault) and they performed flawlessly in my 4.6 Mustang Cobra and all my imports over the years. Plus they work great in my wifes KJ Libby... :)

So long as the gap is set correctly for the NGK I can't see you having any problems w/them and perhaps getting better performance than the Champions.

I agree...my 01XJ purchased new from the factory, came with Champion plugs...But many/most Chrysler Dealers that I have spoken to have switched to the NGK plug for my vehicle...they say that their customers experience less missfires, and the plug holds up as well as the Champion.

Back