• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ Freedom... Project Chewie

Solar powered Christmas lights added!

1615deeba5f0ff8a824d2d89c489ddd5.jpg

Grab handle idea is awesome. I'm doing my headliner soon and I might copy that! Bumpers look great also. I'd never heard of JCR, I'm going to check them out. Keep up the good work.

im loving your build! ive always loved a mono-color look on a jeep. where'd you get the Christmas lights? lol ive been wanting to do that for the Christmas season for a while now.

So after the lift and tire install. Noticed a fairly severe vibration above 60mph. So me and my buddy have been investigating to find it. Removed the front driveshaft and took it for a ride. 90% of the vibes were gone. Upon further inspection, the drive shaft slip yoke was shot. Wobbles back and forth severely. Invested in a new DS from TAD here in Phoenix. The steel is thicker, slip end bigger and now has all greasable ujoint as well. Installed and now most of the vibes are gone!

64d3bd191ec06690b9ad9da42d74959a.jpg

Well haven't had time to do much lately to Chewie. I did replace both ujoints in the rear driveshaft and had it rebalanced. 90% of vibrations are gone. I also added a roof rack I picked up used for $100. Like the look but plan on making customer brackets to get it a little lower. Also got me LED lights installed and hooked up in the front JCR bumper...

a65a717eaa00d02090fff354065e9f5b.jpg

b6eab57284c0eaa54e601e47340373d1.jpg

Back