• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ - For Sale $1000

akennedy99

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.flickr.com/photos/73300175@N02/

recent front end damage, sold AS IS. looking to sell before the end of the week.

hate to sell this Jeep but I don't have garage space to currently fix the body damage, needs minor work but is in great shape aside from damage to the nose. it is black with a grey interior and has 170k miles on a straight body. I bought the car in December 2008 and replaced the engine a 2 years later with an engine with 126k miles. also in 2010 the radiator, battery, alternator, starter, ignition coil and all 4 tires were replaced. in 2010 the catalytic converter and muffler were both replaced with new ones and the rear brake lines and brake pads were replaced

this past year the steering column was replaced, the water thermostat, the ignition coil again, the spark plugs and a bull guard was added to the front,

last month I hit another vehicle going around 20mph and the bull guard smashed the header panel into the radiator. the engine is fine and turns over as usual but a new radiator and housing pieces will be needed for it to start up. the engine was shut off immediately upon impact. for body damage the front driver's side quarter panel, the hood, front bumper, and the end corners will need to be replaced. I think the bull guard is salvageable with some easy welding

prior to the accident the only defects with the car were a key mark on the passenger side from parking in the city and a tear on the driver's seat. I did most of the work myself and have all receipts for parts and services. it has roof racks, tinted windows, 2 sets of keys, and a Haynes manual. the interior is in great shape, there are no stains on the seats and the plastic was regularly treated with armorall so it still retains a shine. the full spare has a cover as well.

the oil was changed regularly, the transmission and 4wd worked perfectly, and it ran strong and fast. with a little of work this car can be back on the road again. with the Chrysler 8.25" rear axle for towing it is also better for off-roading. there are plenty of Cherokee part cars at local junkyards for these guys. great in snow, I love this Jeep. it is inspected until April 2012

- new starter motor last May 2010

- new spectra radiator and thermostat January 2010

- new factory ignition switch and new upper and lower 02 sensors on rear cat March 2010

- the towing package gives the Jeep a Chrysler 8.25" rear axle, you can check that this option came with this Jeep by checking the build sheet using the vin #

- no rust on under carriage or body

- non smoker vehicle

- rear break cylinders were replaced last year

- tires have a lot of good tread left, receipt for tires is included

- the hood release latch was broken last year so I replaced it with a rubber pull cord that worked perfectly

- the passenger door lock was popped out over the summer when someone attempted to break into the car, I replaced the rubber ring around it but it popped out recently, the lock works as usual but it could another rubber ring or you could give a little weld to keep it firm in the door

- the intermittent wiper only works at one speed

- the passenger rear window goes up a little slower than the other windows

- the vin for the vehicle is 1JFF48S0YL237727

- the vin for the replacement engine is 1J4FF68SXXL626708

- a receipt for the replacement engine is also included

- the vehicle is sold AS IS I would like to have it picked up before the end of the week.

Thanks for the input, clean4drxj

From what I saw of it, it was just the bull guard that pushed into the header panel and crushed the hood/header panel. The frame rails in the front looked fine.

I had the same issue when I hit a deer a couple years back and fixed it up no problem.

Back