• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ Buildup

Haha cool. Yeah I never had a Jeep do that before but it has been so humid it has done it a couple times. No smell to it so it is just steam. Stop up sometime if you see me workin, I try not to make it EVERY weekend but it's darn close to it haha.

Will do! Now I kinda want to go to my grandparents haha. :eyes::eyes:

Don't think I posted this here, but this is basically what I'm goin for, though I will likely end up with custom bumpers and a swingout.

OMEXJsuperUltkit.jpg

custrigsxjdriversideafter.jpg

no idea, got it off DPG's site under the 4" OME kit stuff. It's the same year/color as my jeep and i'll be running moab rims like that one too.

It looks like it came from the factory that way. Which is basically what I'm going for

Couple small updates...

Got the NSS all wired up, I have wired the Park/Neutral wires to a brake light switch on the clutch pedal. All I have to do to start it now is press very lightly on the clutch pedal and it will start. It also kills cruise control if you push the clutch in, which is really necessary, especially when the wife drives it--can't imagine how much that would freak her out.

nssbypass.jpg

Got the new RE 3.5" springs. Now I need a track bar and shocks and I can do up the short arm lift for "Stage One".

newsprings.jpg

Drove 25 min with 16 20's and a 5 and drove back with 5 of these baby's, 4 of which have 38,000 mi on them and 1 of which has 0. Thanks dude from craigslist with the super sweet Rubicon!

rubirims1.jpg

rubirims2.jpg

rubirims3.jpg

Never used spare, but the rest are pretty worn. Should get some use outta 'em tho. I'll prolly run studded snow's this winter and keep the salt off these rims and buy tires in the spring when I throw the lift on her.
rubirims4.jpg

rubirims5.jpg

Does this count as curb rash? It's the worst I could find...
rubirims6.jpg

Mocked up.
rubirims7.jpg

it will be nice looking!!!

I love casm's jeep, it gave me an or-casm haha. It looks like your jeep is coming along great. I wonder if it is possible to pick up 4 spare rubicon tires that have never hit the road, probably pretty cheap?

I love casm's jeep, it gave me an or-casm haha.
:shiver: um, gross. Sounds like a personal problem to me...hehe

I wonder if it is possible to pick up 4 spare rubicon tires that have never hit the road, probably pretty cheap?

Maybe, I'm not too worried about it, if I come across some for cheap, great, otherwise any 16" tires of a decent size could do if I could get them cheap enough, but I will likely get 4 or 5 new Maxxis Bighorns either 265/75/16 (= 31.6x10.4) or 235/85/16 (=31.7x9.60) in the spring when I lift it.

I thought that was a perfect time for a little twisted joke haha. Sounds good, I have heard good things about the Bigohrns. How come your waiting til spring to lift it? Just waiting to get everything together?

Yeah I still need shocks and a track bar. Paying cash for everything and trying to pay off school loans so I gotta just save up and pay for things as I can afford them. I also don't want to lift it until I have all the stuff I need to really do it well. I've driven a half-ass lifted Jeep plenty and that's not what this ride is about.

Wheels are on.

img_0951.jpg

img_0952.jpg

img_0954.jpg

img_0955.jpg

img_0956.jpg

P.S. Don't ever waste $26.49 on Dorman lug nuts from AutoZone. I sure hope they give me my money back for that crap and put them where they belong.

Back