• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 limited specs?

91 Jeep Project said:
You're special...............:dunce:

So I take it you like the cloth better then??
I actually think it would be cool to have heated cloth seats if I didn't have a dog. I personally like the leather because it makes it way easier to clean up dog hair and it doesn't hold "wet dog" smell either. I have a golden retriever so I get A LOT of dog hair in my vehicles.

milosfreedom said:
I have a 2000 xj "freedom"- chrome everything, 242, fullsize spare with matching wheel, tints, 8.25... no leather no hot seats no overhead thingy and no tow package which sucks! appearently there was only around 2000 made in 2k, according from the research

Chrome everything? Betcha don't have the rear chrome plate brow. :D
No leather option on the Freedom Editions.

klennop said:
So I take it you like the cloth better then??
You must have mis-read what 'Project' posted.
It would be the absence of the top of the line interior that would make it a so-called 'fake Limited', not so much a missing 242. :doh:

...and won't even get into the top notch Orvis interior that was never sold here in the USA.

I am special... my mom said so.

I was actually courious if my research was correct.. is it or are you jealous cuz you dont have one:roflmao:

I dont need leather... its a wheeler not a caddy!

Hey, mine says 60th anniversary edition, not sport, not limited
Color matched fender flares, 242, full size spare & cloth seats, no overhead console
This is too confusing of a thread to read about this late....:confused1

Last edited:
tommyr said:

You may want to double-check that - my last XJ was a 2001 Sport with the 60th Anniversary package. More info on the package can be found here, but the long and the short of it is that it's not the same as a Limited.

tommyr said:
Color matched fender flares, 242, full size spare & cloth seats, no overhead console
This is too confusing of a thread to read about this late....:confused1
Yours is not a 2000 model year. :roll:

ok here is what Ive figured out

i do have keyless, I bought a fob and have an appointment to get it programed on monday. I need to fix my heated seats. And my overhead console is awesome lol I love watching the mpgs go up and down lol:wave: :looney:

my Check engine light came on today but i took the cables off the batt for few minutes and the light didnt come back !!! :clap:

i am a very happy xj owner!!!!

2kLimited said:
my Check engine light came on today but i took the cables off the batt for

It will probably come back with in the near future. Unhooking the battery terminal is only trying to hide the actual problem. Bring the Jeep to autozone (or make buddies with somebody who has an OBD-II Scanner) and have them pull the code, that way you know what (if anything) is wrong. Autozone will not, but if you find a friend with a scanner, have them clear the code. Unhooking the battery terminal will make the light go off, but the code is still stored on the computer's memory, and thus you will fail your inspections (in most states). Clearing it with a scanner that has the ability (and most do) will erase it from the memory.

You might also look into investing in a inexpensive scanner for yourself. My OBD-II scanner is the best tool i've got for my Jeep yet.

2kLimited said:
funny thing is..... i ran it through inspection 20 min after resetting the computer lol maybe it wont come back on?

The code should still be stored on the computer's memory...

Back