• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

20 DEC 1989, Operation JUST CAUSE

Doesn't it suck when the "current events" in your life become "history"?

I have a buddy who was in the Rangers, 82nd Airborne Division, who was part of Just Cause. It's been years (uh yeah, about 20...) since he was telling me about it. I think he was involved in the Rio Hato fight.

Somewhere I have shot of him with two buddies and a MASSIVE python that some of the PDF (the Machos del Monte) kept as a mascot in their camp. I, too, can't believe it was twenty years ago.

My sincere thanks to all who serve, and have served this country.

Steve

I called Noriega and he counted up the chalk marks in his cell. He said "Si"!

'Good friend of mine played a part in that. He's going back to Iraq next month.

We owe people like that more we know.

Suasponte is a guys name on here.

Oh man, I remember them pushing helo's off the carrier deck off of vietnam, clear as day in my minds eye.

Oh man, I remember them pushing helo's off the carrier deck off of vietnam, clear as day in my minds eye.

Showing your age? Thank you to all who served. I am currently reading Durrant's book, In the Company of Hero's, and he talks about this mission.

I always liked that name...

What are we fighting for? 'Cause we want to, 'cause we can, Just... 'cause!

Robert

Two years into my second hitch and sitting on my a** at Camp Pendleton, cussing Nixon, Kissenger, and Ford while watching those scenes of the evacuation.

Made me sick.

Back