• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 more

IMO, I think it is ridiculous that you are trying to go to 7.5" of lift to fit 33" tires. You need to take your flares off, trim accordingly for 33's at your current lift, then reattach your flares. aside from all the issues mentioned (control arm angles, lack of SYE, track bar and steering angles, generally fubared geometry) you are going to have a seriously high center of gravity.

now granted Ive gone a bit different route, but here is my example of 35x13.5x15" on a 3.5" lift, with saggy rear AAL to boot. you see a flared and unflaired example
IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1470.jpg

What flairs do you have on there I like them?

Those are TJ flares, many of us here run them. I left mine longer on the door-facing edges and used rears all around (no marker light on the front ones) It's a relatively cheap, easy mod. Olympic 4x4 wanted $30 each for the used TJ flares (I got a PNW4WDA discount also, was around $100 total) Took around 3 hours to cut, trim, fit and install the flares. I used sheet metal screws with flat washers in 1/8" holes to mount mine.

I would have liked to used rears all the way around but I had a full set for a good price. The front driver fender is not smashed in from tire rubbing like you see quite often, but from trail damage. I am not completely done trimming by the way, and I doubt I ever will be :D

I literally can't trim/bash any more in the rears, and the fronts are a nice even trim line that clears the tires fine. Not stepping up beyond 35"s, so my trimming is done.

Back