• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2" lift questions

I would recommend a Rubicon Express 2" Budget Boost. I just did this set up on my 2001 Xj and have had no problems with vibes ect.. it's a pretty straight forward install, you will just need some patience. A tool that you must have is a can of PB Blaster :)
Has anyone not broken their rear shock bolts? lol I got mine off of ebay, it was the same price as RE's website but had free shipping.

Another vote for using the coil spring compressor. A bit time consuming but much easier that disconnecting track bar and control arms, especially working alone.

Another vote for using the coil spring compressor. A bit time consuming but much easier that disconnecting track bar and control arms, especially working alone.

i heard something about the coils get weak after they have been fully compressed... hence the reason for a bump stop. but im not sure... i might go with a BDS suspension they got an awesome warranty

I know coils can be overstretched, and that certainly will weaken them, but the Cherokee coils look pretty damn tough, honestly. I wouldn't fret about keeping them compressed for 30 seconds while you slip a spacer in. Anyway, I didn't even have to completely compress mine.

The way I did it, I jacked up the front axle until the bump stop touched and then put on the compressors. Then I dropped the axle as far as it would go, and the coil came right out. The springs never were more compressed then they would be if you knocked against the bumpstop.

mine spring/shackle bolts were not rusty and required a very big breaker bar and a sore elbow for two days after slamming it into the ground after it finally came free on the drivers side.

Side note: TheAlmightySam-Where do you study architorture? Are you at PDX or OSU's Portland Campus?

the Cherokee coils look pretty damn tough, honestly.

I think you are right. I got negligible sag when I put on my 75# aftermarket front bumper. You don't hear much about front end sagging in XJ's like you do with the rears, although admittedly that's comparing apples to oranges (coils to leaf packs).

Back