• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 doors with rocker replacement up to door sill

Dayeep that's a clean looking job you did there
Thanks! You can do the same or something similar. Just measure twice and cut once. And remember, not much you can't fix with a welder and a grinder.

I did 2x6 but flush with the bottom of the door instead of up to the sill. If I could do it all over again, I would have put in the extra work and gone to the sill. I still have great ground clearance over my old bolt on olympic 4x4 tubular rails.

The hardest part for me by far was welding along the length on the top side of the 3/16 rocker and the thin ass sheet metal. Those welds are so damn ugly especially where my dad kept blowing through on his side using stick. I need to get around to grinding it down and bondo'ing it up some time but it's not a showrig so c'est la vie.

Looks nice! Thanks for updating the post.

Thanks! Btw I gained about 3 3/4" of clearance from the old sliders. roughly 1 7/8" off the door. Also now have a solid place to tie the cage into. One tricky thing is the bottom of the quarter panel. The floor is pinch steamed there so I had to get the sawzall to cut that portion then hammer the bottom of that up.

I didn't snap a pic of that. it's not really that bad just not enough room for the angle grinder to fit. I have a bunch more pics in the build thread if you missed the posts.

Back