• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.6 V6? is that an oem Engine?

I have a set of heads I'd sell cheap + shipping if you need them. But be forwarned the best swap is the 94-96 (I think that is the years.) 3.4L out of the camaro. JMHO. But you will have to get a wireharnes made. There was a guy that did it. The harness was close to $500 imsc. Oh yea and it will be a 207 not a 231 tcase. And there are 2 different trannys the 904 lockup and non lock up. They have different TConverts and different input length. Kudzu ran into this problem with there 86 2.5L.

Ghost said:
I have a set of heads I'd sell cheap + shipping if you need them. But be forwarned the best swap is the 94-96 (I think that is the years.) 3.4L out of the camaro. JMHO. But you will have to get a wireharnes made. There was a guy that did it. The harness was close to $500 imsc. Oh yea and it will be a 207 not a 231 tcase. And there are 2 different trannys the 904 lockup and non lock up. They have different TConverts and different input length. Kudzu ran into this problem with there 86 2.5L.

thanks for the info , ghost, and thanks for the bolt i needed at the crawl. did you get the strap i tied on your hitch???

what shape are the heads in and how much? his heads seem ok so i dont know which way he wants to go with it yet... gaskets vs. new etc...

later
alberto

TiRod said:
"The 3.8 was a SBC less two cylinders," and I've always wondered why the 4.3 wouldn't bolt in, too. Same bellhousing pattern?

Hmmmm, cheap chevy hot rod parts! And a "stroker"! Hmmmm? I'm sure it would take some interesting fabbing, but enough for here.

IIRC, the Buick 3800 uses the BOP bolt pattern, the 2.8 Chev uses the Chev 60 degree pattern, the 4.3 Chev uses the 90 degree pattern (SBC).

I am not certain if the old odd-fire Buick 3.8 and the Buick 3800 use the same bolt pattern. Probably but confirm.

Greenlantern said:
thanks for the info , ghost, and thanks for the bolt i needed at the crawl. did you get the strap i tied on your hitch???

what shape are the heads in and how much? his heads seem ok so i dont know which way he wants to go with it yet... gaskets vs. new etc...

later
alberto
No worries! TY for the straps too. Hey case of beer and shipping works for me!

Back