• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1999 2x4 to 4x4 swap speedometer issue

Arhymer101

NAXJA Forum User
Just finished converting my 1999 2wd to 4wd using parts from a 4x4 1999. Drives great but speedometer doesn’t work and throwing a code which is to be expected as the wiring harness coming from my Jeep has a different style plug than the one that’s in the transfer case speedometer gear. Advice? Thanks in advance!

0XWg6cd

I think the parts stores carry or can order the plug with wiring to splice in. I had to do this once. I think it would be finding the correct plug as to year and 4X4.

You should be able to swap the vss unit itself off your old 2wd trans - if you do the whole thing you have to make sure to clock the housing correctly but I think there's a bolt between the two halves of the black plastic housing that will allow you to move just the sensor over without the gear housing or gear.

Back