• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1998 XJ AC issue - clutch doesn't turn on unless I jump it- blows cold when jumped

we also had some gauges on earlier, while jumping the clutch hot wire to the battery- high side was creeping up to 250 and low side was maybe 25 psi. I wonder if the low is too low and the high is too high? Maybe there is a blockage in the system ?

I printed out a portion of the FSM regarding AC. I am going to try to take it to my AC guy and see if we can triple check the pressures while charging to verify if the Low side is too low and the high side is too implying a blockage. I have a new compressor, condenser, and drier on order just in case.

It looks like the LP and HP switch are both grounds, and in series according to the FSM. weird that the HP side has Battery voltage ?

Last edited:
If it's really hot out and it's been idling sometimes the high side creeps a bit. Try misting water on the condenser and see if it drops down.

Back