• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1998 Jeep XJ 150K miles 2wd $1750 with tons of xtra parts

robslxtasy

NAXJA Forum User
1998 Jeep XJ 150K miles 2wd $1750 with tons of xtra parts
I bought it to transform it to 4x4 like i did my last 97 and it was relatively easy. Only thing needed to complete this one would be front and rear driveshaft, and front axle. About $250 in parts..
I found out I will be leaving soon on a 5 month seed(training) assignment to oregon for work and with the wife out of a job it doesnt make sense to have this thing sitting around. I bought it about a month ago from a guy up in Cave Creek and it has been on my trailer since. Working 75+ hours a week has burned me out and it needs to go. Not looking to sell parts separately just wanna get rid of it all..Will need to be trailered or I can deliver to you for gas money.

Cons-
-The 2wd tranny is shot..Forward gears seem to work but reverse does nothing and for some reason it will not move backwards even in neutral?
Maybe a simple fix I have no clue.
-Carpet in foot areas front and rear need shampooing but rear is clean
-No stereo looks like at some point it was stolen but harness still there, has speakers in front doors, rear speaker bar and rear hatch. Do not know if they work.
-Pass rear brake cyclinder appears to be leaking
-only check engine light code that comes up is related to tranny, NSS/silanoid
-few dents here and there/probly could push out from inside panels.
-rear hatch outer glass seal is loose
-pass window/driver rear does not go up/down but motor engages.
-glove box handle is missing
-Pass rear bumper cover corner missing
-Two different types of rims both same size one type is stock grand cherokee style other is 8 hole unique wheels. All tires are decent.

Pros- Decent interior overall i think a good shampoo would do it real good
-4.0 sounds good with good oil press
-all glass good no cracks/with tint and winshield banner
-clean title
-power windows/locks/mirrors
-HID headlights with ballasts(bright as hell)

Extra parts include..
- tranny from 98K mile donor aw4 auto with 231 transfer case.
-brand new front rotors with new pads in box
-extra instrument cluster from a cash for clunker 98
-tons of extra sensors including nss/dist module/two tps sensors/extra throttle body complete with sensors/ oil press sensors/o2 sensors/ coolant temp sensors/all pulled from C4C jeeps back in the day.
-Datsun 280Z turbo hood vents (badass looking pieces)
-3 or 4 overhead consoles(small ones from grand cherokees) with pigtails
-header from my old jeep that I welded up crack
-trailer light hookups
-foglights from 95 gt
- and a bunch of other stuff

P1050416.jpg

P1050415.jpg

P1050419.jpg

P1050422.jpg

P1050420.jpg

P1050421.jpg

P1050423.jpg

P1050417.jpg

P1050418.jpg

Why post here without a contact number if you aren't going to check in once and awhile and answer replies? Just wasting space.

Sorry didnt realize I didnt have contact info in here.. 4804570641 or email @ [email protected]

Also I put the 4x4 tranny in so it has reverse now. All she needs now is front driveshaft and front 4x4 axle housing. I have the 4x4 shifter linkage but cant find the handle that is on the interior. Also it now has matching 93 jeep 5 spoke wheels painted black with good tires on them. Also had the rear window seal reattached and it looks better now..Will need a few codes sorted out tranny related(no selonid codes), then run through emissions..Good project. Still have all the extra parts minus the 4x4 tranny which is now in it..:yelclap:
$1750
Rob

I'd like to come look at this. can you txt me your address ??

I have cash and am ready to buy.

Dave
480-600-9174

Back