• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1997 XJ Cherokee 4.0 Auto 172k - MA/NJ

LessThanJoe

NAXJA Forum User
1997 Jeep Cherokee XJ
4.0L 6CYL Automatic
172,370 Miles

Images here

Replaced within last year:
Passenger area carpet
Headliner
Power steering hoses
Water pump, thermostat housing, heater hoses, heater core
Fuel pump module
Front brake calipers, soft lines, pads
Transmission lock up solenoid, filter, fluid

Bought this to fix up for my sister and well, she changed her mind. I've replaced the passenger carpet with new, cargo area carpet with used but clean, and replaced the headliner. It had a heater core leak, so I replaced the heater core, heater hoses, water pump, thermostat and thermostat housing. The fuel pump check valve went bad, so I replaced the entire fuel pump module. The power steering pump was groaning, so I replaced it with a known good unit from another XJ along with new power steering hoses. Replaced the front brake calipers, soft lines, and new pads. Most recently I got a check engine light from the tranny lock up solenoid, so that was replaced. I've done plenty of other little things to this Jeep as well, I currently use it a few days a week to commute to work just to keep it from sitting.

The clear coat has issues and has peeled off the roof, and started on the top of tailgate and top surfaces of the doors that see sun too much. There is a dent on the driver side fender and hood from what I assume was the previous owner trying to open the hood when the cable snapped. There is a matching 5th aluminum wheel as the spare tire that isn't scuffed up. Tires should be replaced before winter, and you can swap the spare in for the front pass wheel at that point. Floor panels are rust free. There is some rust starting on the front passenger door at the bottom seam. Rockers are rust free and solid, even the rear quarter panels are rust free. If I didn't have another XJ, a coat of paint and this thing would be perfect daily driver, or the start of a project. But I have too many Jeeps and not enough space.

Jeep is titled and registered in NJ, inspected until 8/2018. It's currently with me in MA (just west of Boston), but I can drive it back to NJ on my next visit if there is interest there. Just please be serious about seeing it if you're going to request that. Asking $2500.00

Back