• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1997 2 Door XJ 5 Speed

1956 Mercedes Benz 220a pontoon sedan with an ultra rare Webasto full length sunroof. In nice shape, runs.
60k miles 3 on the tree. Lemme know if you want pics

2615B573-40B0-479B-BC6A-66D0E26D2E86-771-00000067618FDB4D_zps688e3320.jpg

Pic pulled off google, I'm at work but I can get pics of the actual car tonight.
It's this except with a full length cloth sunroof.

Actually if you don't like that I have an 88 grand marquis with a bad starter, a 70 Rolls Royce that won't stop, or 2 Austin healey sprites you could choose from. I'm an avid classic guy as you can tell :p
And I seriously really badly want a 2dr 5spd.

Last edited:
How has no one bought this? I should sell my four door and buy this. First xj was a two door and would love to go back.

Ill post some updates pics this weekend. I have been sending updated ones to people that have inquired. Looks pretty much the same and it was just easier to reuse ones from an old post.

But seriously couldnt someone with some time on their hands buy this and transplant shit on their own jeep and part the rest of it out and still make a killer deal in the end? The price stopped going down for the moment because I thought it was low enough to sell.

Is the rust that bad that it's worth going through the trouble of transplanting everything and not just fixing it?

Is the rust that bad that it's worth going through the trouble of transplanting everything and not just fixing it?

Not even. It's focused on the rockers and sheet metal on rear fender. I had a quote from a guy to fix it for $1500. May just go that route although I'm not really interested in keeping the jeep.

Back