• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1991 Jeep Cherokee w/4.7L Stroker

Well, I got my latest set of PCS orders, and I will be flying at RAF Lakenheath in the UK for the next 3 years, so some US toys have got to go.

1991 Cherokee
4 Door, front two have had the hinges cut and are removable for summer driving.
3.5" lift. With Rancho rs5000 front shocks.
4.7L inline six, more on this below, it is a bored and stroked torque machine with about 10k since the build
optima battery
high flow filter
automatic transmission, flushed with a new filter last year, functions great.
4wd
33" BFG all terrains. Still have tread left, but have had some of the cords popped on at least two, so they are starting to vibrate above 40mph. Great on slow trails, bad for the Hwy.

I have had this for over 10 years. I have always taken good mechanical care of it. After college I got a new truck and this became a toy for the last few years. I started with the lift, then cut the fenders for better tire clearance and bigger tires. I built the new motor when I wanted more power. It is the block from a 1999 4.0 Grand Cherokee. I had it cleaned, magnafluxed and borescoped. Then bored it .060 over stock. the top was decked .020 to be perfectly flat. I used a set of shotpeened and hardened connecting rods from a 4.2L, and a new 4weight crankshaft from the same. I used new bearings throughout, and had the stock 192/192 cam cleaned up and reground. At the time there was not really a better choice out there for a stroker cam, and it has worked great. I used all new parts other than the cam, ie oil pump, timing set, gaskets, seals, flex plate, and sensors. The head is from a 1992. I had it magnafluxed and cleaned as well. It was decked .010 for flatness, and had a nice 3 angle valve job put on it. all springs and retainers were shimmed back to factory specs. I gasket matched the manifold ports and did a little bit of de-horning on the chambers for better flow. I used a set of nice, rebuilt LT1 injectors, and went a stage colder on the spark plugs. It really likes this fuel/spark combo. It also has an upgraded high flow fuel pump in the tank. It needs a new exhaust manifold, the current one has just cracked at the junction. Hands down this truck makes great power. With a regear it would be a monster. It is faster and gets better mileage than a bone stock cherokee, and it is wearing much bigger tires. I have a correct width Ford 9" rear to go with it, I tore it apart and started repainting it, I just have run out of time in my life for this project. This truck needs a good home.

It has some nicks and dings and scratches. The inside is a little dirty from the trail, and the carpet was removed in favor of herculiner because it is easier to clean. New pioneer headunit, with USB and AUX/IPOD input.

Asking $1700OBO, no trades please, and I am not a bank, cash or cashier's check please, paypall negotiable. Thanks for looking.

IMAG0260.jpg

IMAG0259.jpg

IMAG0258.jpg

IMAG0257.jpg

IMAG0256.jpg

IMAG0255.jpg

IMAG0254.jpg

IMAG0253.jpg

IMAG0252.jpg

I will also have an add for this trailer too (will make a deal for both):

IMAG0243.jpg

I am looking forward to it. Got some bros there now. They go somewhere different in Europe every other weekend for the fun of it. Been in 5 or 6 large force engagements with other countries in the first few months they were there. Of course you generally fly in a poopy suit, and I will fly a bunch of ILS's.

Back