• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1988 XJ 4.0 FT Long Arm 35s

pwrdbyjp

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking of selling my project. 1988 XJ 4.0L AW4

The good:
Engine runs great. Renix - approx. 180k mi.
Cold-air intake and K&N cone filter
Full Traction 6" Long arm Suspension
1 3/4" poly spacers up front
1 1/2" blocks in the back
AA sye
Tom Woods driveshaft
JCR Offroad one ton steering
New skyjacker shocks
4 15x10 Rockcrawler steel wheels (the ones w/ round holes)
Full gauges w/ tach.
Optima yellow top battery
Tow hitch

The bad:
3 of the 4 35" Tires are near bald. good for rollers
Still on the orig. Dana 35 3.55(rolls, but missing the brake parts on the DR side) I have a D44 3.55 from a ScoutII that I was planning on building up that will also be included. This axle will also need brakes.
Interior is fair, needs new headliner

Registered in AZ, so I have no idea about smog.
Located near Oxnard, CA
$3500.00 OBO
I might be open to trades

DSCF0092-1.jpg

DSCF0089.jpg

DSCF0073.jpg

DSCF0070.jpg

81 elcamino?

Sorry, I've never really liked the caminos. The main thing I would like to trade for would be a 4 stroke dirt bike, pref. a 450.

trade your 69 for my 81

sorry to steal your post

NRT_Chris said:
what do you mean by " one ton " steering? it looks to have standard d30/44 knuckles on it
He means one-ton TREs and beefier tie-rod/draglink? JCR "one-ton steering system":couldn't find the link. Damn, this would make a decent base for a jeepspeed rig, skullver................step away from the computer..................................

Last edited:
ok that makes more sense. thanks skullver. still kind of a strech to call it one ton steering. its more like a HD tie rod and drag link system. To me a true one ton steering includes one ton knuckles.

pwrdbyjp said:

Those trackbar/tie rod angles look scary in this shot. Can you post a shot from the front? I have a friend thats looking, but I can't suggest he make the drive until I know I don't see what I think I see..

That pic is with the original stock steering in place. I'll try to get a shot tonight of the front w/ the new inverted T setup.

Please do. My friend has cash burning a hole in his pocket. ;) He took the 'family' suburban out with me in my jeep a couple of times, and managed to put some scratches in it - so now its time to buy a toy.

Hildy said:
Well, I wouldn't really say it's *burning* anything, but it'd sure be neat to have something I can play rougher with...

--Hildy
Dont fight it. The Bug bit ya. :). Think of it as a investment in your future happiness. So before that pile of money :flame: a hole in your pocket....sorry, gota get back to work.

Back