• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1987 Cherokee Renix 4.0 - rough Idle/misfire

Did you ever bypass your c101 connector?

thats next on the list, along with another ground refresh. I haven't tested the CTS either but its got a new TPS, IAC, CPS, injectors. Also voltage has been in the red on the dash, battery voltage reads between 13.3 and 14.3 at idle which seems about right when its 40 degrees out. Battery is brand new.

Sometimes it idles high at 1000 , and sometimes at 750, and sometimes at 250 depending on his mood. going to try to find exhaust leaks too and throw a quart of MMO in the think and run it hard for a day and see if that loosens anything up.

I'm going to swap another EGR in too, drill outage CCV orifice I have 3 big tool boxes full of spare renix stuff so ill try another MAP and another 02.

Last edited:
Try checking the wiring and connections, using an ohm meter when it acts up. It may have 2-3 problems fighting each other

yeah I had my multimeter on the TPS last night while it was surging downward, TPS tested fine the whole time.

what other sensors should I be looking at while it is actually idling ? o2 sensor , CTS, CPS, EGR, CMS and MAP ?

Once I get my MT2500 back ill throw that on there and read real time that way too, or is the multimeter a better read? I don't remember if the CTS has output on the Mt2500.

Last edited:
Back