• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1985 jeep cherokee voltage proplem

jeepcherokee85

NAXJA Forum User
my cherokee start and runs fine every time but i really never has more then 9 1/2 to 10 volts!! while running, when i turn on my lights it goes down some more and the same with anything else that uses power!! it just seems like i dont have enough power!! if anyone know what it could be or an idea of what i can check it would help me out alot!!

Verify your grounds are intact. Borrow a volt meter and read it right at the battery.

The dash guage is a notorious liar. Measure it at the battery with a meter. Mine says the same thing, yet measures good at the battery. Cleaning grounds can help, but if everything runs okay and measures right at the battery, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

ya i just figured it out it was the ground sprap from the firewall to the back on the block, its wasnt hooked up at all i got a new ground strap and everything works just fine thanks for all you help!!

Back