• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1979 FSJ Cherokee Golden Eagle, for sale

MadMrJake

NAXJA Forum User
AHHHHHH:cry:. Selling my baby, 1979 Jeep Cherokee 4x4, Golden Eagle (rare), 360 ci motor with a turbo 450 trans. Body is clean no major damage (few small dents), little surface rust. Invest a lot of time under the hood, pulled the whole front clip off and repainted all the panels. Rewire forward of the bulk head. All new vacuum lines and hoses. Rebuild carburetor. New smog pump, fuel pump, oil pump, hi-flow water pump. New Optimum battery, plugs, wires, cap, rerouted all wires to be clean under the hood. Custom 7 row radiator. Interior is clean, fun truck to drive…. Hate to get rid of her! This is my project truck (but with the times need to let go) so there are some issues that still need to be resolved but is 100% drivable! The 4x4 works great. Has a clean title, registration fees are current, needs insurance to get tags. Past smog last year with no problem.

Make offer:doh:

If you have any questions please e-mail me (Jay) at [email protected] ( I can respond quicker this way) or (661) 547-8657.547-8657.

Any pics?

Is it a wide trac?

yes it is! Quadra-trac as well!
album.php
I also have the original shop manual that came with it.

from the land of tiny pics...lol.

Those usually go for around $1000-1500.00, last I checked. Maybe $2000.00 if its in SUPER good shape.

IFSJA.org or .com(I forget) is a good place to start, as is craigslist, for checking pricing.

I cant see the pics but I recently sold a 74 cherokee with a 6cyl for $2200. Guy would have paid more. Just have to hold out for someone looking.

not trying to start anything, just givin' a ballpark for those interested since you have decided not to list a price.

I had a j10, BTW, FSJ's are great trucks. :wave:
No brother, i understand! I know that we never got out what we put into to jeeps. I was thinking about $3,500- $4,000, thats what i seen some sell for! this is a good ride!
But the jeeps gods must be on my side cuase i just got a job and dont have to sell it now!!!!!! So next year you will see me pulling an XJ at the Big Bear ride!!:yelclap:party1::spin3::yelclap:

No brother, i understand! I know that we never got out what we put into to jeeps. I was thinking about $3,500- $4,000, thats what i seen some sell for! this is a good ride!
But the jeeps gods must be on my side cuase i just got a job and dont have to sell it now!!!!!! So next year you will see me pulling an XJ at the Big Bear ride!!:yelclap:party1::spin3::yelclap:

:cheers:

Looks nice. I kinda miss my 83... I sold it for $750, but yours appears to be in much better shape.

Back