• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1972 CJ-5 - 304v8 3-speed $4500 OBO

Skorpyo

NAXJA Member #241
NAXJA Member
Hello, the time has come to part with my CJ-5. I spent 2 years doing a frame-up rebuild on it and while it's in great, running shape, it needs an owner that has the time to keep it in good shape. I'm asking $4500 OBO and am willing to negotiate. I'm not overly interested in trades, but will consider them, just let me know what you have to offer. These pictures are a bit older, but I'll update them when I get a chance. The only difference in these photos is the tires and rims are different.

Here's the specs on it:
Odometer reads 5K I think, but the engine was rebuilt about 15K before I bought it and runs well.
1972 CJ-5
304 v8 2bbl carb
3-speed T5 tranny
Dana44 rear
Dana30 front
3" suspension lift, 1.5" (I think) body lift
33" AT tires
All fiberglass body with 1-piece hood
Custom diamond plate dash with mostly auto-meter gauges and custom indicators
Rhino-lined interior floor, it's peeling up around the foot wells. I installed steel sheeting there for stability.
Racing seats with 4 point harnesses and yellow/black covers
All lights work
Tagged and registered as an Antique Vehicle in VA (No tax :) )
Bestop Soft-Top with doors
Frame is super solid with no issues

What could use some work (full disclosure):
The exhaust is functional, but could use some clean-up
The fuel gauge is the wrong type and doesn't read the float sender correctly (just need to swap to the correct gauge type)
The soft-top works, but has some wear, nothing major, just some zippers that have separated
The suspension is slightly sagged on the driver-side, but not really noticeable
There are a few paint ding spots where the wife banged it with her door on the passenger side (doh!)
It doesn't have AC, but hey, it's an old Jeep
It has a heater blower motor setup and installed, but I never put in controls for it.
It needs a new windshield frame since the current one has a bend that makes the passenger-side wiper not contact. Might be fixable, but I never tried. Driver wiper works fine

This is a really fun jeep, it's loud and it definitely turns heads. I've not given it the time or attention it needs. It's a great vehicle for the spring, summer and fall and I loved driving it around when I did spend more time on it.

cj503.jpg

cj504.jpg

cj505.jpg

cj502.jpg

cj501.jpg

Sold today. Sad to see it go...

Back