• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

17x7 Mopar Steelies 255/75 JK Rubicon BFGs

Ive been wanting to do these wheels too, but in my research, I found that theres a difference between the regular steelies, and the cop car steelies. The police package uses 18x7 1/2 steelies in a good looking 5 spoke pattern and come with either full plastic hubcaps or chromed centercaps. The rest of the dimensions are the same, for those of you who might want to do this, but with an 18 wheel.

Ive been wanting to do these wheels too, but in my research, I found that theres a difference between the regular steelies, and the cop car steelies. The police package uses 18x7 1/2 steelies in a good looking 5 spoke pattern and come with either full plastic hubcaps or chromed centercaps. The rest of the dimensions are the same, for those of you who might want to do this, but with an 18 wheel.

I've seen police Chargers with that five spoke blacked out wheel and chrome center caps, but there's also a K9 unit in a Magnum in my area with the same wheels as the OP and black center caps. It's a dark grey metallic with black lettering, very slick.

You may have started a trend, sir. Here's my result:

DSCN2520.JPG

DSCN2518.JPG

DSCN2514.JPG

I can't wait to get this thing dirty. :yelclap:

That looks great too!

You may have started a trend, sir. Here's my result:
I can't wait to get this thing dirty. :yelclap:

AWESOME. What are those, MTR's?

I like the way your antenna for your CB is, do you have anymore pictures of the way you mounted it?

I put a piece of angle iron inside the bumper with a few bolts, then just bolted the whip down to that. There's a drain plug down in where the tail light is, I came out with the wire there. I used a hole saw on the bumper end cap, and it kinda got away from me, looks like a dog chewed it up haha...

X2 on the sweetness!! I noticed the Clevis Mounts on or hopefully through your bumper. Care to share how you did that and where they mount? I am diggin the military look..

How they fitting Maalox? any LCA rub?
I'm up another inch, sittin pretty at 4", I also got a set of (4) second hand 1.25" spacers, just to see what that does for it. Dunno if I'll keep them though.

I stuck some 1.25" Spidertrax spacers on there along with the flares, as the track was a bit too narrow without. I'm not having and issues with LCA rub at the moment, but I haven't driven it much lately, as I've been tweaking the suspension and steering. The last bits I needed(rear axle shims so I can set the rear pinion angle) just came in. Those go in this weekend(incoming hurricane permitting), a slight adjustment of the ACOS up front, then a proper alignment and it's time to go wheeling. :thumbup:

Man I dunno how your guys aren't having rubbing issues with such little lifts. I put on some JK moab's with the same size tires, and on my RE 3.5 it ate through my flares real quick. The shoulder of the tire would munch every time I turned the wheel too much. I threw in some 2" spacers and shackles ontop of what I already had, and it's a lot better, but still rubs a tiny bit on really tight turns. No LCA rub at all. Pretty sure now I need some adjustable lowers to center the axle better in the wheel well.

Here's a pic wtih 255/75/17 on about 5"

0826011922.jpg

0826011923.jpg

i am liking the 17x7's on these just for reference ranger/expo rims can be had in the same size with 4.5" of backspacing

main.php

these are ranger 16x7's had to remove the lip on the center bore.

Maalox, I added 1.25" spacers to the rear just this morning, I have them for the front too, not sure if I'll use them though.

DanMan, I'm at 4" of lift on them now, 16.5" lower control arms, no rubbing. Its all about the backspacing...

00e7c89d.jpg

Last edited:
god for steelies i don't know why but i really really like those on an XJ. anybody got a shot with 285/70R17?

Last edited:
Quick question: Are any of the pictured daily drivers? If so, what do you use to compensate for the difference in reading on the speedo? BTW, those steelies look boss, my jeep just more depressed the more I see on here.

Quick question: Are any of the pictured daily drivers? If so, what do you use to compensate for the difference in reading on the speedo? BTW, those steelies look boss, my jeep just more depressed the more I see on here.

On the XJ transfercases (assuming they haven't upgraded to a different case) there is a speedo gear in the transfercase, that has a specific tooth count. You can search for charts that will tell you which tooth count you want according to tire size and gear ratio, then you order it and put it in to have a correct speedometer.

Back