• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1768 Pit / Chase help

Brendan, I might be out there. I am not sure yet. I changed jobs so money is a little tighter than expected right now.

Get on it!!! Come one, that badass bronco of yours wants some dirt

im planning on being out there, probably be wherever all the NAXJA guys decide to hang out at with Tony usually haha

Dont forget the cookies, for the Tijuana Cookie Monster!

Brenden, I should be there in the MJ, I usually chase for Matt in his 9 car, but if you can't find anybody, I can try to help with both. Just let me know, I can carry spares and what not as well if you need, I just need to know in advance.

Did you convince Dawn? Can i use the Bed of the MJ for some spares???

Was that Matt that Tony chased for at the Balls Out 250... I helped out a little there, alone with carrying a spare tire for a 1600 car.
Any help I can get out there will be helpful, if just to know I have a place to stop and get a hand with something.

I hope to keep my chase crew bored with nothing to do :D

You know I am out there.... also, just picked up a second race radio (a handheld) so we can keep an ear out.

Link to the race course here:
http://moreracing.net/10/maps/oraf.pdf

I am chasing between the RM 57 & 14, Brendan, would be sweet if we could get a second crew running up and down bessemer RM 18 and 45)

Maybe its time my xj sees a desert race chasing in the yj sucked lol

I remember that Dan......good times!!

For all those coming out, a few things to keep in mind:
It is a long race, starts around 1pm, and will go through midnight... so be well prepared:

1) It gets cold at night, and super warm during the day, bring layers
2) Food, you will eat alot, bring tons of food and water
3) Jack, spare, etc etc
4) Print out a copy of the race course, and bring that with:

http://moreracing.net/10/maps/oraf.pdf

5) If you have a ham radio, bring it, if not CB
6) STAY off the race course!!
7) If you have off road lights, nows the time to wire them up... it gets dark out there
8) Travel in groups

Two weeks and counting...!!

:
6) STAY off the race course!!

Oh Tony you take all the fun out of it LOL
Just joking ... being on the course DURING the race might get you hurt or even killed.
But running the course a day or two before (or even the night before can be a blast) just watch out for those pre-running the course and get the heck out of their way if you see them coming up behind you

Everyone be safe out there.
Good luck Brendan...this is the first race entered for you correct?

It looks as though I should be able to put another crew together from the folks here.

I could head out to MM 35 for ya.

That would be smokin to have some help out there..... that section is really fast, so you get some good action too!

Brendan, let me know if you get stuck needing folks... I'm planning to camp at Thomas Mtn with one or more kids that weekend, but that may fall thru.

Yep it's hot during the day and cold at night
And it's dusty as he!! out there
The XJ gets coated with dust inside and out
You get dust all over your face
and in your eyes
and in your ears
and you are blowing black snot for days
and you are so tired you can't sleep

God I miss those times LOL

Yep it's hot during the day and cold at night
And it's dusty as he!! out there
The XJ gets coated with dust inside and out
You get dust all over your face
and in your eyes
and in your ears
and you are blowing black snot for days
and you are so tired you can't sleep

God I miss those times LOL

What about the empty bottle of tequila the day after... that is golden too!

Back