• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

130 -150 amp alternator

The one is a reman to 200 amp says it puts out 120amp at idle

I'm just wondering what the cost on the reman 200 amp is? The 200 amp is nice but kinda overkill but again nice. The high output will help from over heating since it will be lower amps drawn! If you are paying more than $125.00 to $150.00 you may want to consider the following. I had my alternator remained to 136 amps for less than $150.00. I keep a stocker as a backup! I run 2 batteries, one in the engine compartment and one in the rear storage with a heavy duty isolator. I have a 6000 Warn winch in front and a 8000 in the rear! I have 4 old 1000 watt lights in the rack up top to the front and 2 more amber lens 1000 watts on the bumper. 2 side 200 watt floods and one 200 watt to the rear, 2 under chassis floods, amp, CB, GPS, and two compressors!
I ordered from Ford my diesel van with the optional 2 alternator package. It was part of an ambulance package for all the sirens, lights, health and rescue equipment carried on board! In my opinion it is overkill!
Almost never is everything on my XJ simultaneously on but I can run all the lights and a winch. Todays LED lights are very low voltage and even taillights and headlights amperage draw can be minimized to "D" & "C" battery amperage rating! My recommendation is to have yours remaned from a starter shop!

I'll have winch and 8 lights power inverter and mild stereo. Just don't want to under do it

I'm just wondering what the cost on the reman 200 amp is? The 200 amp is nice but kinda overkill but again nice. The high output will help from over heating since it will be lower amps drawn! If you are paying more than $125.00 to $150.00 you may want to consider the following. I had my alternator remained to 136 amps for less than $150.00. I keep a stocker as a backup! I run 2 batteries, one in the engine compartment and one in the rear storage with a heavy duty isolator. I have a 6000 Warn winch in front and a 8000 in the rear! I have 4 old 1000 watt lights in the rack up top to the front and 2 more amber lens 1000 watts on the bumper. 2 side 200 watt floods and one 200 watt to the rear, 2 under chassis floods, amp, CB, GPS, and two compressors!
I ordered from Ford my diesel van with the optional 2 alternator package. It was part of an ambulance package for all the sirens, lights, health and rescue equipment carried on board! In my opinion it is overkill!
Almost never is everything on my XJ simultaneously on but I can run all the lights and a winch. Todays LED lights are very low voltage and even taillights and headlights amperage draw can be minimized to "D" & "C" battery amperage rating! My recommendation is to have yours remaned from a starter shop!

It's 124.00 it says 120amp at idle and max 200 amp. So now someone who is running way more than I will. So 136 amp would probably be enough for me. There is a starter alternator shop close to me so I'll stop by and see what they can do. I don't want to spend and then have to go back and do it again.

Back