• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

115 MPH Instrument Cluster

Could be Jakbob. Mine is actually KM/H around the outside (to 200) with the corresponding MP/H numbers (to 125) in the inside.

I found that the governer kicks in between 120 and 125 (at 195 KP/H = 121.2 MPH)

When the '92 (stock) was only about a month old (and I was 19 years stupider than I am today) I had it pegged to the limit for about an hour and a half straight at 3 A.M. on a Sunday on a 4 lane highway. It was still accelerating like a bugger in fourth when I would hit the cutoff. It would drop to about 110 and then start humming again.

The days of seeing nobody else on the road at 3 A.M. are sadly long gone around these parts.

Last edited:
Look at where the black panel is on the one above. That panel, on a LHD should be on the right hand side of the cluster.

you mean the panel that shows the check engine light and 4WD modes and low washer are on the right side of every other pre 97 gauge cluster? because thats all on the left of mine, and everyone elses pre 97...

Wow, yup, I'm an idiot. Guess it had been longer than I thought since I was in a pre-'97. My bad!

IMG_2497.jpg

Guess I was wrong guy's I just took a quick glance at it. its really a 120 MPH out of a 1996 Cherokee

I think I need one that says 175 mph...and a 12" lift with 38's.

It would make me "bigger" in the man department. Y'think??

Do you think that would be enough?

What about a speedo that measures Warp Factor and an odometer in light years?

Unfortunately the Star Trek figurines on the dash would probably cut into the Manliness factor you ware talking about.

Back