• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

10TH ANNUAL TOYS FOR TOTS CARAVAN!!

dirteexj94

NAXJA Forum User
The 10th Annual Toys for Tots Christmas Caravan for Kids event will be held on Saturday, December 1st, 2012 and hosted by the Mile-Hi Jeep Club. This event brings together the four wheel drive community in Colorado and supports the United States Marines Corps' Toys for Tots 2012 campaign.The Christmas Caravan for Kids begins early in the morning as groups of 4 wheelers gather at designated meeting points throughout the front range area. Once convened, each group "caravans" to Jefferson County Fairgrounds wh... ere the Marines are waiting to receive our toy donations for distribution through their system. Following the toy donations, participants receive a free lunch and have the opportunity to meet and talk with area merchants at our "Meet and Greet" Also accruing during the "Meet and Greet" there will be drawings for prizes donated by the local businesses, live music, and fun on the RTI ramp. We would love for this years event to be the largest ever single day donation of toys to the Marines.

Here are the 5 Denver/Metro locations that we will be meeting at for this years 10th Annual Toys for Tots Christmas Caravan for Kids on Saturday, December 1st. Show up at any of these locations with your new unwrapped toy at 9:00am to get in line. Then each Caravan will leave at 10:00am and head to the Jefferson County Fairgrounds to donate your toy to the Marines so they can distribute it to the families that need them. Then you will be able to enjoy the FREE "Meet and Greet" with several local 4WD Business, 4WD Clubs, Racing Clubs, and more. Plus there will be a FREE lunch and a FREE drawing for several great prizes!

Aurora - Les Schwab Tire
Just North of I-70 on Tower Road
3430 N. Tower Road
Aurora, CO 80011

Littleton - Les Scwab Tire
Just East of C-470 on Bowles Ave.
13331 W. Bowles Ave.
Littleton, CO 80021

Westminster - Quaker Stake & Lube
Just West of US-36 on 104th
10392 Read Street
Westminster, CO 80021

Greenwood Village - Fay Myers Motorcycle World
3 lights east of I-25 on Arapahoe Road
9700 E. Arapahoe Road
Greenwood Village, CO 80112

Brighton - Buffalo WIld Wings
Just West of I-76 on 144th
2025 Prairie Center Parkway
Brighton, CO 80601

Here are the two new Northern and Southern Caravan locations that we will be using in addition to the 5 Denver/Metro Caravan locations for this years 10th Annual Toys for Tots Christamas Caravan for Kids. If you plan on caravaning from one of these locations please show up around 8:00am with your new unwrapped toy to get in line. The caravan will leave from these locations and head to the Jefferson County Fairgrounds around 9:00am

Castle Rock - Home Depot
Just East of I-25 on Meadows Parkway
333 W. Allen St.
Castle Rock, CO 80108

Longmont - Park and Ride
Just Southwest of I-25 & CO-66
Take CO-66 West to Foster Drive, Take
Foster Drive South to Highland Drive, Take
Highland Drive East to Park and Ride

I'm going to try to make it, although I didn't even know there was a Park and Ride on HWY-66. The obvious one is right off of HWY-119. Either way though, I'll try to set that day aside for this.

I'm going to try to make it, although I didn't even know there was a Park and Ride on HWY-66. The obvious one is right off of HWY-119. Either way though, I'll try to set that day aside for this.

Shits this Saturday. Wish my rig was ready. Probably have to take the girls lifted WK.

I live 5 minutes away from the Jefco Fairgrounds. I'm not interested i driving somewhere, just to drive back. If our chapter officials want help setting up the booth, I'd get out early for that.

I live 5 minutes away from the Jefco Fairgrounds. I'm not interested i driving somewhere, just to drive back. If our chapter officials want help setting up the booth, I'd get out early for that.

Might take you up on that Mike. I have the option to set the banner up high (10') or low as seen last year. Having an extra set of hands would be beneficial if we do the 10' version..... and if we put 2 rigs in the space, the 10' banner would have to go up and behind the rigs.....

I guess I'm planning on being there at 9am or a tad before since the caravans aren't supposed to start arriving until 10.

Justin: Yeah, if you're willing - come on down and take the MJ up. I'm spending today getting the XJ an MJ cleaned up and then loading up the banner, table and toys.

The Mile-Hi Jeep Club announced that this was their best overall turn out to date! The vendor/sponsor area wasn't full like the previous year but there were long lines to drop off toys and the raffle was pretty packed.

Thanks to all of our folks that donated toys! :thumbup:

2012-12-01_09-46-19_123.jpg

2012-12-01_11-17-50_11.jpg

2012-12-01_11-18-32_397.jpg

Very cool. looks like you had some interest from folks.

btw troy. the bor rig is the motivation for sisters rig. that's pretty much exactly what she wants.

Good time today!

Hooligans Offroad had the booth directly across, the T&T Customs XJ was a few spots down the row, Englewood Driveshaft had a booth, and I met up with quite a few of my web-wheelin' friends. :)

Was an awesome time! Other then the fact that I was half asleep. But good to see all the guys that showed up. And didn't recognize a couple. But all and all fun.

I'm curious if you spotted a rather "TALL" black 2 door XJ with rear top chopped off ...You would know it if you seen it .

Back