• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

100so ft 45mil & 60 sq ft 75 mil R-Blox installed.....PICTS!!!

jeepboy12001 said:
I just did this in my jeep, but i used Peel and Seal from lowes. Same stuff but only a dollar per square foot vs 3 for your stuff. I haven't put my carpet back in to see if it made a difference. It did lower the heat level coming from the trans tunnel though.
Alan
I don't know anything about the peel and seal stuff. Is it an asphalt based product?

Is it safe for vehicle interiors? Off-gassing from asphalt products in high temperatures is what I'm curious about. Nasty fumes that cause cancer.

r@m

Root Moose said:
I don't know anything about the peel and seal stuff. Is it an asphalt based product?

Is it safe for vehicle interiors? Off-gassing from asphalt products in high temperatures is what I'm curious about. Nasty fumes that cause cancer.

r@m
They are all asphault based products. I got the idea from the forums at sounddomain.com, alot of the guys over there are using it. Dunno bout the fumes and such. I do know once its in there it aint coming back out.
Alan

jeepboy12001 said:
I just did this in my jeep, but i used Peel and Seal from lowes. Same stuff but only a dollar per square foot vs 3 for your stuff. I haven't put my carpet back in to see if it made a difference. It did lower the heat level coming from the trans tunnel though.
Alan

i am looking for something like this for my roof... without the headliner, it sounds like an empty dumbster going down the road, just want something to absorb some of the vibration.. guess I will look for this... a couple squares should set me up..

Ludakris said:
i am looking for something like this for my roof... without the headliner, it sounds like an empty dumbster going down the road, just want something to absorb some of the vibration.. guess I will look for this... a couple squares should set me up..
It comes in a 6"x25' roll for 12 bucks. its in the roofing patch section. I looked at home depot but they had none. Had to go to lowes.
Alan

This thread is worthless.

This is the same crap that sellers on ebay rip people off with- it is NOT worth the trouble of installing unless you get the good stuff. Acoustically, you would have to install 3 layers of that crap to get any sound-dampining results simular to that of dynamat.

That is all.

I did this with peal and seal from lowes, to my roof, the rear cargo area, and the Doors (makes the speakers 100 times better). I plan to do the whole interior just because it is relatively inexpensive and it lowers the road noise from tires and wind. Plus my interior is way cooler since I coated my roof. And No moisture gets under this stuff, if you apply it right and it does indeed seal out(in) water.

So you did all that to keep noice down inside the cabin?? serioulsly?? guess what...ITS A JEEP! i am amazed by people that drive jeeps but put time and money into making them something they are not, such as quite.

sorry just dont understand

My first guess is that he's planning on doing some Lava trails, as in Liquid Hot Magma. :)

My other guess is he's trying to reduce NVH, and the fans are for cooling the Amps running his system.

James

dsgray16 said:
So you did all that to keep noice down inside the cabin?? serioulsly?? guess what...ITS A JEEP! i am amazed by people that drive jeeps but put time and money into making them something they are not, such as quite.

sorry just dont understand

Yes it make it quieter, and cooler.
As for making a Jeep some thing it is not. Your kidding right! Every single person who modifies their vehicle in any way is doing that! Do you think that a Dana44 and a GM corp 14bolt are supposed to be on an XJ? Did they come with them from the factory? Is any Jeep or Civilian vehicle supposed to be able to run the hammers or the fordyce right from the factory? Don't be sorry just learn to understand. :)
My .02

So I want the best of both worlds, What can I say? I do have to drive the thing Every day.

dothedew24_7 said:
This thread is worthless.

This is the same crap that sellers on ebay rip people off with- it is NOT worth the trouble of installing unless you get the good stuff. Acoustically, you would have to install 3 layers of that crap to get any sound-dampining results simular to that of dynamat.

That is all.
Pssst. Where do you think Dynamat stole the product from?

And if you are making a SPL vehicle, Concrete is still the big dog.

Oh, you thought that a SPL vehicle MOVES on it's own? HA Ha. YEa right.

I put it in the doors and the hatch one day and could not believe the difference it made with road and wind noise. Being greedy like I am, thinking if a little is good, what about a whole bunch.

I did leave it off the very bottom of all panels for the moisture thing.

This is my baby, daily driver, had it for ever and will probably never get rid of it.

What is a little time and money if you use and enjoy every day? This hopefully will put it in the 21 century.

Three solid days and still could use another. Can't wait to go back to work to rest up.

Will not be totally finished up for a couple of weeks, but a full report will be coming.

Looks to me like you're all set for orbital re-entry. :laugh3:

So how do you quiet those fans?

I installed them when I had different amps, as one would over heat and shut off. When that amp died, the one I replaced it with don't need the fans. Got them wired up where a flip of a switch disables them and that is the way they stay..............

Back