• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

100dollarman

Chowderr

NAXJA Forum User
Has anybody dealt with http://www.100dollarman.com/? He is located here in socal and he has those 37" Humvee tires for 100 each. I'm going to talk to my neighbor tomorrow and see what he thinks about the tires because he is motor T. I figure for 1/3 of the price of my TOYO M/T they will be the best bang for the buck.

I picked up a 36" bias humvee tire from his son a few months ago. Has a ton of cool stuff, great deals on ammo boxes if you need any. It's close to Johnson Valley where the King of the Hammers is, on the back side of big bear. Lots of cool off roading to be done around there. The son brought me out a bad tire, but he let me go back and pick one myself without any hassle. You're going to want to buy a bobbed deuce from him by the time you leave. Sick looking trucks

I haven't ever dealt with the "100 Dollar Man", so I cant comment on that. And while im not Motor T, I am Radio and I drive alot. I personally have put HMMWV's through all sorts of crap with those tires and by my experience they grip well and hold up to abuse well too.

*Note: The grip might also have something to do with the HMMWV weighing over twice as much as an XJ. LOL! :D

Well I have wheeled with him a few times out in JV. He runs a narrow tire, like a 35 or 37 x10.5 equal, dont remember exactly what size. He did well up Chocolate Thunder, and claw. I didnt see any tire issues really. they are tough as snot. I would Never put them on a Jeep that drives more then say to the store and back once or twice a week at 2 miles each way. And expect the first mile or two of that drive to be Horrible as the flat spots (Bias) round out.

On a pure trail rig I might.

I have wheeled with Mark numerous times over the last couple years in his built Green JK. I can vouch that those tires are amazing when it comes to performance and durability. The ones I saw at his yard all had 70% tread or more. They are designed for VERY heavy military vehicles. The down side is that they way a TON. When I was over at his place considering them for my rig, I quickly changed my mind when I tried to pick one up. Probably close to 100lbs. a piece. My all ready crapy gas mileage would just go down the toilet. I'm not even sure my built 44's could even handle those tires. Great deal for tires but make sure your axles are beefy and that you don't give a rip about fuel efficiency.

I picked up a 36" bias humvee tire from his son a few months ago. Has a ton of cool stuff, great deals on ammo boxes if you need any. It's close to Johnson Valley where the King of the Hammers is, on the back side of big bear. Lots of cool off roading to be done around there. The son brought me out a bad tire, but he let me go back and pick one myself without any hassle. You're going to want to buy a bobbed deuce from him by the time you leave. Sick looking trucks

About 2 years back he was building a bodbed deuce rock crawler to run JV. Not sure if he ever finished it. But from the build plan he told me it seemed like it would be a beast and seat like 10 people+.

attachment.php

Back