• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1 tons with leaf springs on all corners...

i am going to a dana 60, i like long arms but the $ and the fact that i would have to add limit straps and bumps anyways kind of defeats the purpose... im not into crazy flex, just a stable jeep

just a few more shots under it. how did you like the way it wheeled? i am planning a shackle reversal with timmays slider boxes frenched into the frame

Been very happy with the build...

Beefed up the frame... Pretty much 1/4" stock everywhere.. Burned 27 lb of wire on it alone...

1ton74.jpg

Leaf springs might be way old tech... but they are just simple... and work well... My Jeep will NEVER ride on a trailer to the trailhead.. (hopefully it won't break to the point that it has to on the way back :) )...

On road manners are better than the previous build... Can cruise 75 mph on the interstate all day long... You do have to pay attention, but it's not scary...

I limited up travel quite a bit... can still get 32" travel all together...

1ton102.jpg

It is a bit on the heavy side... I still have to do hydro assist and I've still need oil pan skid.. so it'll pick up couple hundred more... or so...

1ton101.jpg

Have only wheeled it a couple times.. Have not really pushed it either... Been very pleased... it's a bit wide... The H1 tires work much better than I thought they would... Likes to pick up mud a bit...

interlake1.JPG

Interlake%201-29-11

Yup... It's heavy...

The shipping weight for the tires/wheels was 700lb... The 14 bolt comes in at 450lb.. the Tera 60 is like 525lb... toss in springs and stuff and that alone is 1700lb of unspring weight!

Back