• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

01 XJ cam questions

Axelxj96

NAXJA Forum User
I’m replacing the head gasket on a 01 XJ I just bought. Figured I’d replace some other things while I’m in there. I been looking into camming a 4.0 for fun and getting experience wrenching . Before everyone tells me to google ive done a lot of it and got mixed opinions on it, I wanted to put a cam to make it sound choppy after hearing one idle. It turns out they had a comp cam 68-239-4 which supposedly you can’t run those on 98*+ I reached out to comp cam and they said I’d have to go with a 163-201-5 or 163-301-5 . My concern was I may not get the sound I’m looking for . I spoke to another company that said they can make a cam for me and I’ll get what I’m looking for but it will require getting a tune and honestly if that’s what it leads to then I’ll stop there and leave everything alone. Wanted to know if there is anyone out there running a cammed 98+ that sounds choppy . It’s more for just fun then for performance reasons so hopefully no one gets pissed off about it lol.

This is the video that convinced me

https://youtu.be/wEyD8sn-IaA

Back