• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 wheel not ingaugeing

xj paddler

NAXJA Forum User
After cutting and welding on the coil spring mount and the old track bar mount.

I installed a otk steering set up that I have made myself, now the font axle is not ingaugeing. I never actully welded on the axle housing itself just the coil bucket and part of the old trackbr mount.

Any ideas??????

Later Heath

Is it a vacuum disconnect type axle?

Maybe a loose line?

Last edited:
yup i would have to agree with the vacume thing maby one of the lines was showered with sparks and has a hole. other than that just bad timing

It is a vacum disconnect, I have checked the lines but that doesnt mean thats not the prob. I think its time to change it to the manul cable anyway.

I have heard that your not susppost to weld on the axle housing it self because the heat will cause them to no ingauge. I did not weld direct to the housing and tried to keep the heat to a minimun.

any other Ideas????

later Heath

xj paddler said:
I have heard that your not susppost to weld on the axle housing it self because the heat will cause them to no ingauge. I did not weld direct to the housing and tried to keep the heat to a minimun.
Is this true? Any one else know of this? Just wondering for future info.

Back